xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Game Backups Freezing.....last Resort  (Read 211 times)

exboxmodder

• Archived User
Game Backups Freezing.....last Resort
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

I hate all of you who said you did something and waaalaaaa....it starts working! I have literally tried everything within this post!

I have one other question though....would a corrupt bios cause a game to freeze or once it boots into Evolution X the bios has done it's job?

ksu_finger

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »

i just hate this awful boat that we're in, nothing's been working for me either.

ksu_finger

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(exboxmodder @ Mar 30 2005, 05:42 PM)
Has anyone that's had this problem completely just started from scratch? I mean completely wipe all data from bios and reload them at the same time as completely formatting the HD and reloading all the games as well as reloading a dash? I think this is going to be my last resort! If once I do all that and it doesn't work I'm parting it out. Could def use a 200GB in my computer!

TUUK

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »

Hey guys,

Mega sorry to hear of the problems you're having. I know it must suck ass. I'm relatively new to XBOX modding and such like, but with all the great homebrew stuff coming out, hasn't anyone ever made any kind of diagnostic tool for the XBOX? You know, maybe checksuming BIOSes or RAM checking. It can't be a pretty error if the XBOX is not trapping it and is just hanging on you. Just thought someone would have made a tool to help diagnose XBOX problems, but I could be missing commonly known issues. If no such tool exists, is there a hardware reason why not?

Just curious, but hope you poor guys get a solution soon.
TUUK

K@mui

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »

After Couple of Days i repost to tell the bad news.I changed the IDE cable and also i put a jumper to my WD80JB setting it to master but no luck.Still some specific games froze at the in game loadings (those game are on my HD of course)

ivwshane

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 02:55:00 AM »

I had the exact same problem.

Upgraded to a 200GB drive and recopied everything over. None of my games would get very far except DOAV. Most games would freeze after the intro, some like burnout3 wouldn't finish loading.

The only thing that fixed it was deleting the files that were in e:\cache. And just in case it matters, I deleted them from within avalaunches file manager program.

All is well now and I can play all my games:D

ksu_finger

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

So, wow! I found out some more bad news when i reset my x3 configuration settings back to default.  I'd had the flubber animation disabled so that it would boot up faster.   Now that i reset it to defaults my flubber animation is also locking my xbox up.  I can't even get it to start up now.   GRRRR

I'll have to look to see if i can find anything about this.

ViRAL

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »

grr i have the same problem!!!  a few months ago it was fine no problems everything played good. then i got a new hd(upgrading the xboxes 80gig to a 160gig) used my pc to transfer all of the games across, and now about a quarter of them either don't start, freeze at the loading screen, or freeze when you press a button in the main menu. i have tried about 10 diff. bioses, m7, m8, m8plus, 5 or so versions of x2, ind bios, and all have the same problem. unleashx, avalaunch same problem. even some dvd games have stopped working.

so from that i'm guessing that maybe it does have something to do with the hdd, even though mine were similar(both seagate 8mb cache 7200rpm barracuda drivers, only diff was the size).

temporel

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

grr.gif

temporel

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

tongue.gif

ksu_finger

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

et00l

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »

Well I put in a fresh 80 gig hard drive and set it up and tried to boot the game and no luck. It will not boot original or backup copy. I have tried evox and xecuter bios on this and the only thing left to assume that it is a problem with the new 1.6b motherboard.
Pages: 1 [2]