xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: 0.49.2 Bugs  (Read 932 times)

xittalon

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2004, 05:47:00 AM »

maybe not ava releated but .....

ok i set pal60 in ava (was already set in msdash) and i activated letterbox.
now the msdash wont boot (error 21)
i set ava to pal an letterbox deaktivated.
msdash works.

i got an crystal 1.4 version, 120gb hdd, aladdin chip,PAL

jim80b

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »

hi,
i have problems with qwix
it doesnt do anything and the dash starts stuttering

the message on the non-boost mode doesnt show properly so i have no idea what it says

its off by the way

is it just me?
have been using xbmc and qwix to get from pc to xbox. need to try xbox to pc though, and really hope it works as i use it to make multigames

jacinf

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

There seem to be some pretty serious connectivity issues regarding this latest version.  I can lock up Avalaunch v.0.49.2 just about every time by just sending a large amount of data to it via FTP.  This happens pretty consistantly regardless of what FTP client or platform I'm on.  This may be related to the RSS issues others are having I'm thinking.

jacinf

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2004, 11:07:00 AM »

also, i know this one has probably been reported in one way or another...

did point out about the icons showing up on top in HD mode instead of to the right but it looks like this has been fixed.  really cool.

only other thing is the windows showing up really small and in the upper left hand corner.

keep up the amazing work.

This post has been edited by jacinf: Nov 29 2004, 07:46 PM

hugo187

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2004, 04:06:00 AM »

ohmy.gif  hi there fellas well as soon as i heard of this new update i went ahead and try it but let me tell you im running x3 on my 1.6 box evreyother dash works exept for ava there's
an execption only 0.48 seems to work fine.. i know is a bit primitive but it is still ok well the only thing that 0.49.1 and 0.49.02 does for me  is freeze at around a minute after it boots . i have tried everything from replacing .xml.xbe.etc  i even tried the multi disk version  and only 0.48 seems not to freeze any suggestion that i can tweak so that it can make it work on 1.6 box. please advise....its a bug thats bugging me. unsure.gif  over all AVALAUNCH KICKZ ASS  with its side kick QUIX ... ph34r.gif

mrRobinson

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (doublejbass @ Nov 27 2004, 10:34 PM)
Great release, I love this dashboard, no doubt.

When running in 720p or 1080i, the "Now loading <insert app here>" text, along with the icon, are displayed with a hard-coded resolution, not dynamically centered, so a higher resolution throws it smaller and into the left hand corner.

Yes I see this too.  I have 16:9 and HD and when launching a game it is in the upper left "please wait while launching <game name>" instead of centered like on 4:3.  

shamanic

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

Hi ! and Big Thanks for a Great dashboard ! smile.gif

I had Evox first for 1 month and tried then Avalaunch and im stuck on it,  it's Great!
I liked that it has so many features like the Shoutcast Radio, RSS news, updates from net  and specially i liked that it has ftp server.

Im using linux and tried several programs to transfer stuff to my xbox (C-XBox Tool2, Suxx, XboxIso transfer, all programs i run with wine.) (With Qwix i can browse and manage the titles on xbox but cant upload)

Now i have got the first automatic update through net and it seems there is some problem with the ftp server !

I used Suxx for transfering as it seemed to work best, but it halted att some point att the transfer.

I tried Evox boot cd, wish has also ftp-server  and ihe transfers work fine...except no boost smile.gif

I cant confirm it at 100% that it's a bug, but maybe someone else can/or had the same problem.

Ok, enough of it, Keep the Great work up !

Regards
shamanic

PS. I have AVA Alpha 0.49.2 and  i believe i had before 0.49.??  or 0.48.64

The Bison

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

Using 0.49.2 and not able to transfer games to the xbox using Qwix to Ava dash.

I click the FTP Upload all and the dash registers the connection by stating there is 1 user but then no data is passed at all and I have to 'abort' in Qwix and reboot the xbox to get rid of the '1 user' connection.

Have had to resort to using Evox and FlashFXP again for now. Will probably rollback to ava 0.49.1 to be able to take advantage of boost mode.

Still, Ava is an awesome dash when it works. Only swapped over to it recently and v. impressed folks. biggrin.gif

ProdigyXP

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

This is a link to the thread I started before a reply from someone else with the same problem. As they are having the same issue, it appears to be a bug and should probably be posted in this thread. (not sure if there is a way to move or delete the other post, so I am linking it)

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=316009

kilroy1

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »

Not necessarily a bug exclusive to 0.49.2 -- in fact I've seen this for a couple versions now.

If I go into the Menu settings -> Main Options -> Boot Options and enable 1080i mode, the location (and size) of the graphics are wrong.

It appears to be that the XY coordinates for displaying the graphic are not taking into account the higher resolution that the dash is booting into.

Perhaps this is a skin problem instead of an actual problem with the dash itself.

I'm using the xbox.com skin and may have experienced the same issue with other skins I've tried (but can't remember for certain).

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

-Kilroy

kilroy1

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

Bug: lock/unlock HDD

Present in 0.49.2 and prior versions, I've been unable to use the Lock/Unlock HDD option within the menus settings -> Main Options -? Hard Disk Tools submenu.

Yes, my HDD is lockable. In fact I am able to easily lock/unlock it using Evolution-X dash. Avalaunch does also report is as "Locking supported."

No, this problem is not specific to one Xbox -- I have two boxes and the probvlem exists on both.

If my HDD is unlocked, attempting to toggle it to locked with Avalaunch produces an erro to the effect that "the Hard drive must be unlocked before you can lock it."

Once my HD is locked (using EvoX), attempting to toggle it to unlocked using Avalaunch does nothing. No message, no errors -- nothing...

Can anyone confirm that this is a known issue or can anyone say that this option works flawlessly for them?

-Kilroy

ydgmms

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2004, 10:22:00 PM »

Not sure if this is a *BUG* or something with my hardware...

I just popped in a brand new Spider-Man 2 DVD, and AvaDVD didn't play it. One time it even through me to MS Dash's "Your XBOX cannot play this disc. Make sure it is .... " screen. Opened up DVD-X 2 and bam...playing it.

Again, dunno if its a bug or if my Samsung OEM (not a modded one) freaked out. But has anyone else had a problem using AvaDVD to play Spider-Man 2?

rmriggin

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2004, 12:45:00 AM »

Don't know if this is ava related but...
since i have upgraded ava, and I believe even before I am unable to transfer files from my pc to my xbox? why? I am able to connect to my xbox, I can see the drives and their contents, I have read all the how tos, and still no dice. what gives, all cables are plugged in properly. could this be related to x3's latest bios? I have a v1.6b a 80gb locked maxtor, latest ava and apps, samsung 605. Anybody haev these issues and have an x3?

jim80b

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2004, 06:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (jim80b @ Nov 29 2004, 04:56 PM)
hi,
i have problems with qwix
it doesnt do anything and the dash starts stuttering

the message on the non-boost mode doesnt show properly so i have no idea what it says

its off by the way

is it just me?
have been using xbmc and qwix to get from pc to xbox. need to try xbox to pc though, and really hope it works as i use it to make multigames

got qwix working, no idea what i did, try turning nonboost ftp on, restart, then off again

qwix does not auto find the connection but nevermind, it still worked when i put in the settings

kangarolf

• Archived User
0.49.2 Bugs
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

Hi there,

Great dash!

Last night was editing some of the video settings (interlaced, progressive etc). You have to allow eeprom edits and also unlock the HD. Unfortunately I cant relock the HD from the settings menu now...press the toggle key but nothing happens. Cant boot into MS dash now.

Will use a different app to relock the HD.

Cheers
Rolf
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8