xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Slow Qwix/ftp Speeds  (Read 32 times)

jcutter03

• Archived User
Slow Qwix/ftp Speeds
« on: October 31, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

smile.gif get you a switch or get a crossover cable and go straight pc-xbox and your speeds should speed up.

I do think you are trying to go through a hub. A hub dramatically decreases the speed of your transfers. if you arent going through a hub i would need to know your network setup to help you.

ke6guj

• Archived User
Slow Qwix/ftp Speeds
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »

What OS are you running, Windows XP SP2?  If so, that is a known issue with Qwix and SP2 right now, ther is a large thread in the Qwix forum.

the joker

• Archived User
Slow Qwix/ftp Speeds
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 04:42:00 AM »

haven't heard a lot about sp2, but jcutter is totally correct about the hub. Hub is the powerbrake for xbox's networking.

jcutter03

• Archived User
Slow Qwix/ftp Speeds
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 06:58:00 AM »

Well it depends on what kind of things you are doing on your network but if it is just sitting and you arent transferring anything anywhere else it should be in the 7-10 MB/s. In XBMC ive got it to nearly 12MB/s

mjcocat

• Archived User
Slow Qwix/ftp Speeds
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »

Even through SmartFTP I get really slow transfers, so I doubt it's Qwix. I am hoping it is the cable.

On a side note when I was setting up my xbox, I backed up the c and e drives, and it went incedibly fast. But when I put the new drive in and placed the files back on the xbox it took forever, the same 30/kb speeds I was seeing with qwix. Could the dashboard be doing something?

mjcocat

• Archived User
Slow Qwix/ftp Speeds
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »

I am going to hijack my thread now:

Does avalaunch have a game-saves.com feature included somwhere. I read it did, but I can't find it.

Also, is there a way to get back to the dashboard once you are in a game? My lazy ass doesn't want to get up to restart the xbox everytime

bernienoel

• Archived User
Slow Qwix/ftp Speeds
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

press start on on game name