xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ava Wont Launch Games  (Read 55 times)

gto65l

• Archived User
Ava Wont Launch Games
« on: October 04, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

What program did you use to backup your games?  Do they work when launched from a different dashboard?

gto65l

• Archived User
Ava Wont Launch Games
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

Since they won't load with any other dashboard, I don't think it is a problem with ava.  I would try reripping one of your games with dvd2xbox or complex tools and see it that fixes the problem.

POTF

• Archived User
Ava Wont Launch Games
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »

Ok... something NEW is up I think.

This just happened to me today also.

How it happened.

I was trying to play my new copy of THUG2 PAL. It would not boot. I spent quite sometime trying to figure out why not. If it wasn't cracked or something.

Long story short. I tried another game, with an UNSIGNED xbe, and it worked fine.

So I kept thinking it was just that game.

Then I tried my other games, which worked the previous day.

No luck.

I thought my modchip had come loose or something. So I checked that. Everything was fine.

Long story short, either something about the date, or some new bug is happening I think. I have never seen anything like this. Only XBEs that are signed won't work.

In other words, emulators, XBMC, and homebrew games work fine. Just retail games won't boot.

ANY HELP would be great. The Avalaunch IRC channel seems relatively unhelpful, not that they aren't trying, just a rehash of ideas I have already gone through.

Long story short, it isn't the chip, it isn't the bios, it isn't that Avalaunch needs to be reinstalled. I tried all those. The fact it was working yesterday just fine makes me think something must have gotten changed without my knowledge.

POTF

• Archived User
Ava Wont Launch Games
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 10:20:00 PM »

Ok.

Got mine to work.

Solution update bios (I updated them once.. but I did it again to the newest ones) and/or change DVD parental settings to No Limit. I did both, after that it worked fine. So not sure which or if both made the difference.

Hope that helps. Thanks to the guys in the IRC chatroom for suggesting the DVD parental setting. Later.

Devenic

• Archived User
Ava Wont Launch Games
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 10:20:00 PM »

smile.gif