xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How Many Dashboards Have You Tried?  (Read 271 times)

porsche6714

• Archived User
How Many Dashboards Have You Tried?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2005, 08:00:00 AM »

I have tried out almost every dash out there.  I started out with evox and now I switch between avalaunch and XBMC.  However evox is still a great dash and I still use it as an app quite often.

FSUNolez336

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2005, 01:05:00 AM »

I use Avalaunch as my main dash with a quickboot setup for EvoX, XBMC, DVD2XBox, and Links Browser. That, and Quix, are the greatest features of Ava.

i800phyco

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »

Unleshx for me thou I can understand using xbmc.
However I have had 4 box's come in for repair due to bad eeprom's and all ran ava.

FSUNolez336

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(i800phyco @ Aug 17 2005, 07:02 PM)
I have had 4 box's come in for repair due to bad eeprom's and all ran ava.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2005, 04:46:00 AM »

Everyone starts out with Evox because it's what you get with almost all of the main autoinstallers out there.

Then they use Avalaunch and are impressed because it's a leap from Evox.

Then they might move onto UIX, UnleashX, or MXM.

But the people who know a lot about the xbox (hardware wise) and like to utilize their media capabilities, move onto bigger and better things... XBMC.

XBMC is far superior to Avalaunch in many ways. It's also far more profesional looking and just in general.

Sure... if you want to
a] use irc on your xbox (only god knows why)
b] download gamesaves (i admit this is kinda neat)
c] look at a cheesy ass pic of an unnude female every minute as your background (pff this is incredibly retarded)
d] use telnet (ya.. cuz you know... everyone is using telnet... who doesn't? haha)
e] have slightly faster xbox-xbox transfer speeds

Then go with Avalaunch....

But if you want to be able to play pretty much any type of media on your xbox (all typs of audio/video/pictures), be able to check the freaking weather (which I still think is badass, lol), have an advanced file manager, stream media from other pc's/xbox's, have advanced control over settings, have the ability to get any of hundreds of add-on scripts, and have a far superior professional look as opposed to other retarded dashboard's main skins.... Then use XBMC.

Which is visually better... you decide...

user posted image

VS

user posted image

In my opinion... XBMC is far better looking and performing...

user posted image

But then again... that's just my opinion... along with the majority of other modded xbox users.
-Danny

i800phyco

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »

I don't like the sound of that. Is that common? Should I be nervous running Avalaunch?

Chris

Not if your carefull they messed up it's just that it's fairly ez if you dont know what your doing and playing with video setting's.
They may have that fixxed by now I dont know.

ejx982

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

(1) EvoX -> Started With, the only options in the day.
(2) MXM -> Didn't like it, and didn't work on my apps.
(3) UnleashX -> I dug the XML ability of Skins, too bad there aren't enough good skins.
(4) Avalaunch -> Boost Mode is awesome...
(5) XBMC -> Since I use the playback feature more than playin games on my XBOX, plus the newer builds look very profesional and the skins are killer.... if they can
only put in Boost Mode/Qwix Support that would rule.

ejx982

darkplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(ejx982 @ Oct 3 2005, 02:43 PM)
(4) Avalaunch -> Boost Mode is awesome...

Master Bman

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »

i started with unleashX (easiest auto-iunstaller at the time =P ) and then looked around.  i use evox for bios flashing, etc.  and xbmc for obvious things.  i think ideally xbmc could take some stuff form unleash/ava  like easier access to the game launcher, as opposed to having to navigate thru my progs and stuff.

right now im kind of split between using ava and unleash as my main dash and using xbmc...often...=P

all preference, but it can take a while to gain a preference hehe  cool.gif

Genezis

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

More than five.

Like most people I started out with Evox. Then moved on to Avalaunch. I have used UnleashX a bit and briefly touched MXM and nexGen. Then of course XBMC.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2006, 07:38:00 AM »

well for me i tried... evox, unleashx , avalaunch, and XBMC (as these are the most popular) and for a "main" dashboard i think UnleashX is definately the best hands down assuming u got a good skin for it as the default skin on unleashx SUCKS! lol

XBMC is nice for just about everything else like playing back XviD Movies (which is mainly what i used it for) and music/pictures etc... but the way it's interface is setup i just dont think is as efficient as UnleashX when it comes to generall use like running games/emulators etc.

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

Evox, avalaunch, and unleashx

I would say unleashx is my favorite by far....

The Enigma

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(red12 @ Jun 26 2004, 09:57 AM) View Post

sampled pretty much all of them.. sticking with avalaunch

same with me

funnyperson1

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2006, 10:57:00 PM »

I tried Evox first because I started out with Slayers.  Then I tried Avalaunch because it came with Slayers, and I was trying out all the software that came on the Slayers disk.

I never used XBMC at first because I didn't have much hdd space on my retail hdd, but once I got a big HDD I decided to update my XBMC.  After a couple days of using it as an app, it became my main dahboard because I realized how powerful and feature packed it was.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2006, 12:29:00 AM »

UnleashX is by far the best dashboard for general use (with the "adsorption" skin, as it looks great with this skin) as it's quick to navigate through the menu's unlike XBMC... thats main reason i dont use XBMC for a main dashboard cause it aint super fast to go through menu's although XBMC is great for playing back XviD movies thats about all i primarily use XBMC for.

i tried UnleashX - Evox - Avalaunch - XBMC... i might have very briefly tried more than these but these are the only one i "really" used.

but all i really use now (for the most part) is UnleashX (primary) and XBMC with the MC360 skin (secondary)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]