xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How Many Dashboards Have You Tried?  (Read 270 times)

Diontae18

• Archived User
How Many Dashboards Have You Tried?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

4. I use MediaXmenu just for safety reasons such as if someone young or don't know what they're doing would be able to play without me worrying whether or not if they're going to mess something up.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (SxualVnilla @ Aug 2 2004, 09:42 AM)
I had to start with Evox, and then I found AVA, then I had to try MXM because BenJeremy says how great it is, but it isn't.  Then I tried UnleashX, if it didn't crash every time, I would have stuck with it, but then I found Ava again, and it's been fun since then.

Hahaha Good one.
Mxm is good

50centSHOW

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

I have all of them but only use Avalaunch after trying all the other ones.

pSyCo

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

I use Avalaunch for one real reason: When inserting a multi game disc, i don't have to boot the disc to get to the games, Ava has a nice menu system that does that for ya...

BUT, in all honesty, i would use XBMC as my dash again if it weren't for that single feature.

AngryMan86

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »

tongue.gif laugh.gif.. they should come out with a skinning tool and tutorial.. then everything will be perfect biggrin.gif

Atlantica

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

jester.gif

bong888

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

tried ava liked the look
Evox beenn using 4 a while, was nice and stabe.
but now onto xbmc as dash, running alot better like this since i use it all the time
and can do every thing i could do in evox

Rattled_by_the_Rush

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

wub.gif  wub.gif
--play music from my ripped discs
--download updates to XBMC, dvd2xbox, avalaunch etc.
--download skins
--Astronomy POTD and Adult POTD
--IRC chat!
 wub.gif  wub.gif

adam07

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »

I'm another person who went from Evox to Ava.  I never had any problems with evox, which is why it's so great.  The main things that I liked about ava is the UI and the ability to play music on the startup...lol they're both so impressive for friends who don't know what modding are to see.  I don't even know why most of the features for ava are though.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »

i picked "5 different ones" ... but i only used 3 more than a few minutes... avalaunch - evox -unleashx ... and a few other ones but besides these main three i never used em for long. (i dont count XBMC as a dash, cause it's primary use is pretty much for playing back video)

me personally i think AVALAUNCH is BY FAR the best dashboard out there... it's interface suits my tastes the most, plus it has all the features u need... like mp3 playback - xbox to xbox file transfers - downloading skins through the dashboard itself etc etc...

so the only dashboard/video related programs i have are... Avalaunch (as my primary dashboard) ... XBMC (as a backup, mainly used for it's XviD/DivX playback and it's FTP server) ... Evox (as a third option, i only really use it for "trainers" ) ... the only thing evox has going for it feature wise is it's trainer support and it can format hard drives etc with it, but it is probably the most stable dash out there ... but besides these it's obsolete.

primary reasons i like avalaunch over unleashx - evox etc etc is cause it's one of the older dashboards (meaning it's one of the more reliable/stable dash's out there) and it's interface makes it once u get the right skin.... UnleashX aint bad but main reason i dont like it is i cant find a skin i like for it AND when scrolling through the games (in most of the skins) it cuts off alot of the games names etc.

here is my 2 main skins i use.... http://img187.exs.cx...inscreen2bd.jpg (this is my current one)  .... here is my older one but probably overall my favorite skin out there for avalaunch... http://img99.exs.cx/...XBOX-Screen.jpg

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2005, 05:52:00 AM »

Evox was the first i ever used (wasn't much choice those days) then i moved on to Avalaunch and tried nexgen and UnleashX along the way. But i'm sitcking to XBMC now.

Avalaunch is still on there so i can get a clean listing of the games on the hdd with qwix but other than that i don't see any use for it anymore. XBMC has all i need and more. I still use evox too but only as an app for loading trainers.

i never liked avalaunch that much anyway, but it had some nice features back in the days...

Nailbunny

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

I mainly use Evox, and use Ava for Qwix.  I haven't found a dash that do things better than these two.  I prefer Evox because I can use command line arguements (ScummVMx) and the FTP is cleaner.  I've run into problems occassionally with Ava's FTP.

Arius

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »

I seem to change my dashboard on a weekly basis, I have yet to find one that I am going to stick with.

I have unleashX on there atm, and I am thinking of going back to Ava....

THDVL

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005, 03:38:00 AM »

I started out with Evox of course. Then AVA and later moved to MXM and stayed with that for a couple of months.. In that time I had be messing with XBMC alot and decided it had everything I could want out of a dash so I made it my default. I doubt anything will ever take its place on my xbox although Unleash is very nice.

manu_xl

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Mar 23 2005, 09:13 PM)
... the only thing evox has going for it feature wise is it's trainer support and it can format hard drives etc with it, but it is probably the most stable dash out there ... but besides these it's obsolete.

well you dont know half of the available options, which arent present in other dashboards!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4