xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How Many Dashboards Have You Tried?  (Read 272 times)

MikesTooLz

• Archived User
How Many Dashboards Have You Tried?
« on: June 26, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

have you tried them all so that you really know which is best for you?

This post has been edited by MikesTooLz: Jun 26 2004, 11:28 PM <

Killazincorp

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

i started out with evox that worked fine but then moved to ava and currently experiencing loading problems that im trying to resolve  <

red12

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »

sampled pretty much all of them.. sticking with avalaunch  <

issues_i3oy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

It's personal preferance more than anything. I too started out with EvolutionX and just moved to Avalaunch. I have also tried MXM and UnleashX.

This post has been edited by issues_i3oy: Jun 27 2004, 01:37 AM <

nimbles

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

i've used all of them bar the full blown thc and nexgen. personal opinion XBMC is what i use predominantly as a front end mainly because i use my xbox more as a media center than a game center (but even for that XBMC is adequate)

EvoX essentially only gets used infrequent but important tasks such as hd locking/unlocking and bios flashing, no offence to the avalaunch team but i'm not enabling eeprom writeback on my machines for the forseeable future.

Much as the fan boys like to create a competition between the three i think unleashx, mxm and avalaunch all have they're good points- i like mxm and unleash's preview vid capabilities, generally their skinning engine is more advanced than avalaunch's (such as completely movable elements unlike ava's, and the use of videos for backgrounds)

I like unleashX text editor feature, and eventually when the game save manager works that'll be another plus point.

obviously this is in the ava forum so i better say something nice about them too biggrin.gif, ava no doubt has the best net engine, irc, remote ftp, telnet, shoutcast, acam/apod, first to introduce downloadable skins and only one to support downloadable game saves- but one thing (and no flames) the actual front end could do with a rejig, there's very little flexibility in the appearance other than the background

tHc lite is very slick but its lack of ftp will always count against it

but yeah if you were asking me to pick one definitive one- for me and my usage- xbmc

lethal[SWE]

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

I've tried EvoX and AvaLaunch, I experience AvaLaunch load problems somtimes but even if the EvoX is more stabil I think the intregrated Qwix and Avalunsch function shines above all... It takes me 5min i have a game in the xbox from an backup Iso, with a burnt DVD and HddLoader it takes around 20min... Plus AvaLaunch has cool features and i cant wait for the 0.50ver with the new gui biggrin.gif

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »

Thc at boot, evox for FTP unleashx for file managing/textediting ava for box2box  <

-Natas-

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

I've tried EvoX, Avalaunch, UnleashX, and tHc. My main dash now is UnleashX but I also have EvoX on there just incase something goes bad with UnleashX. I also have XBMP and XBMC but they are both used as a app.  ;)   <

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

I like Ava best.

Evox has FTP problems.

The only thing I miss from Evox is the drive space display.

<

dr.no

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 03:57:00 AM »

It's called "different".  rolleyes.gif

Wanted

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

Avalaunch
UnleashX
MSDash
MXM
Evox
NexGen

Ava is the best one IMO.  <

drgreenchicken

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

I like avalaunch the best  beerchug.gif  but I really like nexgen's hard drive locking feature.

spacefrog

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »

Evox is the easiest and safest to use, So i recommend it for all the n00bs. XBMC is cool, I've used that as my main dash a couple of times and it's pretty sweet.

Avalaunch is awesome, but I don't recommend it for n00bs, can do some messed up stuff with it.   <

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »

Well I started with MXM, liked it a lot, still do!

Then I tried Ava, not for me.. I DO however use it for Kai now smile.gif

Evox is just terrible! I hated that..

Tried MediaPlayer for a while, didnt seem right...

UnleashX is a truly great dash! But I only use it for coding..

I messed around with some others but in the end stuck with tHc!

The Orgional NOT the lite version, which I did trial for a while but went back to the origional..

smile.gif

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

I've tried 3 officially,  4 if you count XMBC.  So far Evox was great for getting me going.    

tHc lite has great skins and just looks sweet as hell,  and it has the best dvd feature obviously. I still use tHc now and then.

and now I have Avalaunch as my default.  It only took a couple hours for me to realize this was the dash I needed.  So many features,  skins,  ease of use.   The only thing that scares me is the whole EEPROM shit.   Gotta read up on that and back mine up.

And XMBC,  I actually spend most of my time here,  and I considered using it for a default dash,  xmbc is the best freakin thing ever,  all the dash's i have used have froze up or took a dump at one time or another (even ava) but xmbc has been the most stable,  smoothly running piece of work I have used yet and I love it to death.   But I like ava's Nasa pic of the day stuff, lol.

I just gotta figure out how to setup a FTP server in ava,  if anyone knows please point me in the right direction.  Thanks.  <
Pages: [1] 2 3 4