xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hangs At Startup Screen...  (Read 42 times)

Satoshi

• Archived User
Xbox Hangs At Startup Screen...
« on: April 09, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

After changing the path for the MP3s within the Avalaunch dash in the settings menu, and changing the music options from off to "Harddisk", I rebooted the Xbox, but it froze at a black screen before rebooting. So, I turned the Xbox off, then on again manually, and it went through the start-up animation and got to the Xbox Logo, displayed the "XECUTER 2" underneath the X as usuall, but then just froze.

So, I decided to try using my Evolution X boot disc like I always do in these situations so I can FTP to the Xbox and solve the problem, but to no avail - even when booting with the disc in the tray, it just hangs at the X logo, not wanting to start from the CD or from the HD.

It does appear to work just fine with the modchip off, in retail mode. It boots like normal and reads CDs just fine.

I'm currently in the process of making another boot disc on the off chance that this one is shot or can't be read (although it's worked plenty of times in the past) but I have doubts, so I figured I'd ask here if anyone has any solutions to help me regain FTP access to my Xbox. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
In case it helps, I have:
-----------------------------------
Xecuter 2 Pro
Xbox v. 1.0
X2 4982.67 BIOS
Avalaunch v.0.48.64

::EDIT #2::
Well, I tried the boot disc a third time, only this time I let the Xbox set for like, 30 minutes before I turned it off. And... after about 30 minutes, it finally booted from the boot disc. *sigh* Wired stuff... So, anyway, go ahead and disregard all of this.