xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Bugs V0.48.60  (Read 551 times)

silentkiller

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

Under the music settings theres a setting which lets you choose what audio source Avalaunch plays when it loads up.

NFCTinken

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »

I haven't had any problems with shoutcast on 0.48.60 thus far. If it cannot to a server it comes back with "Connection to server Failed." Mine loads shoutcast as soon as avalaunch is loaded.

IBICO

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »

v.60

1. Xbox does not download from ftp in queue. I started the queue but it stay on 0%
2. Play WMA ripped even when background music set to disabled.. = 0
3. Froze on listing when try to xs xbmp.uk.xbins.org. used ip on the connection.
4. Still no Norwegian keyboard layout :-( come on guys.. how hard is it? When choosing Norwegian.ini it should also choose norwegian keyboard

But with that said.. Avlaunch is the darn BEST AS WOOPING Dashboard EVER :-) Good job guys making this.. I am not shure the world would be the same without Avalaunch as a Dashboard.

g3m1nii

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »

Has anyone noticed a bug in 4860 where the video mode switches when you load a game from your hdd.  I get this with some of my games or at random.  The screen gets all garbled and when the game finally loads up it does not take up the full screen of my TV or it is cropped and hanging off the screen.  When I go back into the dash it does the same thing.  I checked my xml and made sure that autoswitching was disabled.  Any suggestions???

Thraxen

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

Has anyone noticed a bug in 4860 where the video mode switches when you load a game from your hdd. I get this with some of my games or at random. The screen gets all garbled and when the game finally loads up it does not take up the full screen of my TV or it is cropped and hanging off the screen. When I go back into the dash it does the same thing. I checked my xml and made sure that autoswitching was disabled. Any suggestions???

Hmmm... that's bad.  I've only played a few emulators the past couple of days and haven't seen this issue, but I don't want any sort of video switching going on.  I love using Ava as my dash, but I just want my eeprom left alone.

g3m1nii

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2004, 06:32:00 AM »

I definitely think Ava is awesome.  aside from this video bug I don't really have anything to complain about.  I just want to get this prob fixed so I can dump Evox completely.

So my question is should I downgrade from 0486 to another version?  IF so which version is stable enough to alleviate my video switching problems?

Also, a bunch of people keep mentioning that their eeprom got hosed...How can I check that mine is not messed up now?

nimbles

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 06:40:00 AM »

so far after using 0.48.60 for a couple of days very minor bugreports audio related:

randomly when cycling through shoutcast streams xbox will crash but audio will carry on playing, also sometimes crashes if the shoutcast stream is invalid but thats not really ava's fault i guess- but maybe you guys could get it to skip trying to make a connection? One thing not a bug- but is there a way of knowing what Radio station the stream relates to- e.g. in the line above is there away of adding say "Radio station 1" instead of or along with the stream address.

Very minor report re: wma playback- could we get name of the track instead of E:/udata/......

haven't tried ftping games over yet with qwix. Not had probs with ftping small apps, xml  & ini files.

Otherwise everything working great!

One thing just to verify- what does pressing both thumbs together do? back up the eeprom or restore the eeprom or has this been disabled now?

MrZaZ

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »

One problem that has still not been solved is deleting of subfolders in FTP-server
if the subfolders contains files. I have tried several FTP-clients and it fail every time.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (MrZaZ @ Feb 12 2004, 01:13 PM)
One problem that has still not been solved is deleting of subfolders in FTP-server
if the subfolders contains files. I have tried several FTP-clients and it fail every time.

I can do this with flashfxp and ava 48.6...

Cavalierz24

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

Everything was working fine for me but then all of a sudden it won't allow me to launch any .xbe's including games and applications. It just freezes when I try to alunch one.

Zakyn

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (g3m1nii @ Feb 12 2004, 04:32 PM)
I definitely think Ava is awesome.  aside from this video bug I don't really have anything to complain about.  I just want to get this prob fixed so I can dump Evox completely.

So my question is should I downgrade from 0486 to another version?  IF so which version is stable enough to alleviate my video switching problems?

Also, a bunch of people keep mentioning that their eeprom got hosed...How can I check that mine is not messed up now?

I'm in exactly the same situation with you. So if you do find out the answer, do let me know smile.gif

I'm back to .48.4 which was what I started out with. Besides "Save games download not working" I'm pretty comfortable with this version.

Another thing is that I get about 10 megs on an old netgear switch so that speaks for something, not sure about .48.6 (as I upgraded once and downgraded almost immediately)

mon

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »

ok i made some more tests and found out its NOT avalaunch causing the network trouble here. i have the same issue with evox running.
i m not sure what it could be. still trying to find the cause of it.

just thought i ll let you know.

checa

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

There seems to be a problem with the mp3 playback.  When Avalaunch starts, the first two mp3s play fine, but then it doesn't play any more mp3s afterwards.  So when I try to click on the left analog stick to switch songs, it switches songs, but then Avalaunch freezes.  The song continues playing, but I can't do anything in Avalaunch, even the Newsfeed freezes.  When the song finishes, then everything works perfectly.  I can switch as many songs as I want afterwards.

burnerO

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

I've just manually upgraded from 0.48.40, and when using identical network settings in the xml I'm unable to connect to the ftp using 0.48.60 and CuteFTP.  I was told that my client was to blame, but couldn't connect with FlashFXP either.  My user and pass are set to xbox, and I'll post my xml if need be.

Thanks in advance.

El-Bandido

• Archived User
Bugs V0.48.60
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2004, 02:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (g3m1nii @ Feb 12 2004, 12:42 AM)
Has anyone noticed a bug in 4860 where the video mode switches when you load a game from your hdd.  I get this with some of my games or at random.  The screen gets all garbled and when the game finally loads up it does not take up the full screen of my TV or it is cropped and hanging off the screen.  When I go back into the dash it does the same thing.  I checked my xml and made sure that autoswitching was disabled.  Any suggestions???

I have exactly the same problem... i suppose ill have to downgrade aswell...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5