xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Broken Xbox After Ava?  (Read 452 times)

Froggie

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

Anyone who has a mirror of the Recovery v.3 package? Cause the urls seem dead and I really need to fix my eeprom.

Noutaja

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

Anyone who has a mirror of the Recovery v.3 package? Cause the urls seem dead and I really need to fix my eeprom.

So, you have allready package 1??. Now get this http://dwl.xbox-scen...einfo-beta2.zip Then you have all what you need. (I assume you dont have eeprom backup, when asking package 3)

PantherNO

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

A sipel sulution for symptom 3 for xbox v1.4/1.5

I downoaded XECUTER v4981.
Used XBtool to embed eeprom in kelner.
Before embeded eeprom i changed it to a backup i had.
Flashed my Xecuter 2.3b, and wolla.

crzdmniac

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2004, 11:43:00 PM »

Can anyone confirm if there is a method to flash eeprom with an X2 lite on a 1.4?  I really hope so, someone please get back with me.

Noutaja

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »

Noooo....
A sipel sulution for symptom 3 for xbox v1.4/1.5

I downoaded XECUTER v4981.
Used XBtool to embed eeprom in kelner.
Before embeded eeprom i changed it to a backup i had.
Flashed my Xecuter 2.3b, and wolla.

when you got Xbox to run. Flash eeprom with EEPROMagic V0.01 Beta.

*EDIT* I did that when XBtool 1.0.22 does not come out yet, soldering eeprom from Xbox 1.4 to 1.3 and using X2 4977. Flash, re-solder, ... After 24h current XBtool released.  muhaha.gif  grr.gif  muhaha.gif  grr.gif

Inuyasha152

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »

Hey guys, I need some help.
First off, I messed up my xbox when I i messed with the settings in avalaunch, then I came accross this. Well my symptoms were #2 and i followed the directions, when I loded it up I came to a weird screen and it said it flashed my eeprom succesfully then it said my HDD was locked (I didnt know I had to unlock it!!!) Now I cant get into avalaunch to unlock my hard drive, this is a brand new 80 gig hard drive and it cost me like 90 bucks! I dont want to have to return it, please if someone could help me I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!! I have an X-Chip and my xbox is a 1.0!
   Please ANY help is GREATLY appreciated, oh and the error message I get is Number 06 when I try to load avalaunch!!!
-Vic sad.gif

Inuyasha152

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2004, 01:58:00 AM »

Please, I think my whole Xbox is messed up now, I cant do anything, even with my old hard drive. This program completely screwed up my xbox? I dont want to have to buy a new one, I've tried everything to my knowledge, PLEASE help!!!  sad.gif  sad.gif

pluey

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

OK I've got x2.3b lite+ working with programmer now - will post tut when done..

Just one final step -  when bios flashes - it gets too 100% and then gives following error:

'Error at location 00000H!'

What do I need to do to get past this last stage?

Gabman\

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

Okay. I fucked up my xbox, by pressing the backup eeprom thing in Avaluch. Then the Xbox suddenly shut down, and wouldn't startup, and I got symptom 3 !!!! The LED flashes red, and the there is no sound or picture.

As I can understand from this thread you can save it my flashing your modcip with the recover package 3 that you can download. Stupid as I am, I dont have a backup of my own eeprom.bin file.

But I use the Aladdin XT advance lite, and I dont think its possible to flash the bios without the xbox being operational. Am I right??

Is my xbox doomed because I have this crappy modchip ... sad.gif

Hope someone has time to reply on this.....

TRIaXOR

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

I got a Aladdin XT Lt and completely ferked up too sad.gif using Config Magic I accidently screwed up the EEPROM (bloody dangerous tool that) and got Symptom 3 (Flashing red, no sound or picture) Luckily I had a Backed up EEPROM (using Evolution X) which was on my PC and my HDD was Unlocked (80GB Maxtor), the question was Like Gabman's how the hell was I gonna fix my XBOX  mad.gif

After much scrutiny of the net (been thru LOADS of forums etc..) I came up with this solution..

Get a Mates Modded XBOX (your gonna need this to flash your BIOS)
Get XBTOOL and dump your backed up "eeprom bin" into "patch data"
a copy of Evox's M7 Bios (from the usual sources  unsure.gif )
then embed your eeprom into EvoX M7 using XBTOOL and save a 256k image
open up both xbox's and locate the bios chips on the Modchip
remove both BIOS chips (not mixing them up)
place mates BIOS chip on his modchip but DONT seat it firmly, just use enough pressure for it to boot the box (my Mates box had Evolution X installed with bios flashing enabled)
ftp your patched BIOS to the BIOS folder in evox and reboot the box still using the little bit of pressure on the chip to make sure it boots
once booted remove your mates chip and firmly seat your BIOS chip and flash it with the patched EvoX M7 BIOS
once done power down your mates Xbox and remove your chip and put his back in and make sure his boots, lol rotfl.gif
place your flashed chip into your box and boot, symptom 3 should have been fixed and the xbox should now boot  smile.gif HOWEVER if you had a locked drive  dry.gif  your pretty much screwed unless you saved your drive key too of which boot from a DVD with some sort of unlocking tool (I didnt need to do that as my drive was unlocked)

Got to say, all worked in the end but with a load of scary moments, lol, now i just dont trust config magic, even if it was my fault in the first place, but as they say.. shit happens (need to find a way now of transferring the eeprom embedded on the BIOS BACK to the eeprom chip huh.gif

Xboxler

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

Please help me.

I want to start configmagic, i press A an d then i get this message

"invalid xbox version specified"

What i have to do? i use the evox m8 1.6-bios

TRIaXOR

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

update..

Used EEPROMagic to restore my backed up eeprom back to the eeprom itself (just make sure if/when you do it that you have a eeprom.bin file in the same dir) when it said restore successful i breathed a sigh of relief, rebooted the box and it ran, then relised that the bios still HAD an embedded eeprom in it  ohmy.gif  so I flashed EVO-X M8 to the bios and rebooted (holding breath  unsure.gif ) then the M8 bios kicked in (Evox Logo on boot) i jumped up in joy  beerchug.gif  woohoo, never will I ferk with Config Magic AGAIN.. (not unless I have a Spare Flashed Chip with an embedded eeprom in it, lol)  laugh.gif

stick_man27

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

WOW-
So I fried my eeprom after playing NFSU2 (PAL)-
XBOX 1.5
X2.3b lite + (Running X2 4983 Bios)
Upgraded HDD (No Lock)
60mm Fan Mod.
Problem----->
Symptom #3 (Flashing Red)
After 2 days of reading and trial / error I got it back!!!
I think the only thing that saved my box here was way i flashed the X2 the first time
around.  I left Bank 2 open with the cromwell on it.  I tried reflashing several X2 Bios versions with the embeded eeprom with no sucess.  It dawned on me this morning that
I had origionaly flashed Bank one with a 512k bios.  So I created a new bios using the X2 4980.03 with XBtool using the "embed eeprom" then made it 512k with X2BM.
Reflashed bank two and viola!!!   It worked.
Huge thanks go out to Skorchir....  I was almost ready to go buy a new XBOX today.
OH yeah....  I went back and DISABLED the EEPROM writeback feature in AVA. Wont be using that one again.....  

Stick_man

phatboy

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

I have symtom #3.   I accidently did the restore eeprom, in avalauch.

I don't have a backup of eeprom but I have obtained one now.

and I have also gotten the cromwell-patched.bin and addeeprom.exe

if I flash my bios using this, and then flash it with the latestet Xetuer bios and then install avalaunch again,  will I lose all my games????

is there any ways I can save my games? back them up ?

--
Phatboy

ben1989

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »

i have a flashing red no spare xboxes and no .bin  file   what do i do  uhh.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]