xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Broken Xbox After Ava?  (Read 455 times)

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2004, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (skorchir @ Feb 9 2004, 08:02 PM)

Symptom 4:

Power On/Off 3x FRAG, No Video, No Sound

SOLUTIONS:

Symptom 4:

Something is preventing your bios from loading. Possibilites: MOD Chip is loose or any other mod chip related problem, Your BIOS is HOSED (Due To Improper Flashing of BIOS) Sorry Avalaunch does not support this or you found a fatal Easter Egg. Either Reflash your mod chip with programmer, or Fix TSOP with Proper Mod Chip depending on your system.

Thx

had that problem twice now.
i have a x2 pro chip soldered myself and it's working perfectly (has been for about 1-2 years).
so it's kinde strange that the chip would be malfunctioning just when i switched to avadash...

i like it, but i'm still blaming it though.

using the eeprom flashbios has helped me so far (does require me to play around with booting methods, eject button, power button, video cable in, cable out) but i've managed to fix it on both occasions by reflashing my eeprom.

last time i didn't even change videomode settings. just played around with a trainer patched GTA vice city. doing a igr left me at a black screen. Pressing eject rebooted the xbox but after a powerdown it wouldn't boot anymore...

Heet

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »

Damn wish all this happened about 2 months ago lol.  I found the eeprom fix at xboxhacker.net  (good thing the XS search engine was down or I would have never found it).

I did fix a red flashing 1.4 with the eeprom fix as far as I know.  I could be wrong but if I remember correctly it was a 1.4.  The version of the box should not matter here(eeprom fix), but I guess it would make sense that 4977 wouldnt work on a newer box.

If you find that the eeprom fix didnt work for you dont worry, it just means your using the wrong version eeprom.  In other words, if you use a 1.0 eeprom and flash using cromwell-patched.bin and your still getting blinking red, it means you need a 1.1 eeprom!!

Also a sidenote, Ive had countless people in IRC coming to me and saying that they are getting "eeprom encrypted region invalid" in config magic.  If your getting this it may be because YOUR USING THE WRONG VERSION OF CONFIG MAGIC!!  Use the final build that supports 1.0 AND 1.1 eeproms and all will be better.  Have a great day!!    beerchug.gif

thexboxking

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

please help i have tryed all but my drive wont unlock. i need to get this back up so i can finish a ps2 emulator. PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ME OUT. i do love the look and feel of ava but i need to get this fixed asap blink.gif  huh.gif

NghtShd

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (thexboxking @ Feb 10 2004, 04:41 PM)
please help i have tryed all but my drive wont unlock. i need to get this back up so i can finish a ps2 emulator. PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ME OUT. i do love the look and feel of ava but i need to get this fixed asap blink.gif  huh.gif

Someone please help this guy so he can finish his PS2 emulator. Between dating Britney Spears, being The President of Moldavia and his astronaut duties, I'm sure he doesn't have the time to figure this out. I wouldn't want to have to wait until he gets back from Mars. Maybe he'll share some of his pictures of sasquach with you in return.

leftyfb

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

please help i have tryed all but my drive wont unlock. i need to get this back up so i can finish a ps2 emulator. PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ME OUT. i do love the look and feel of ava but i need to get this fixed asap blink.gif  huh.gif

LOL

nuff said

geniusalz

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2004, 02:14:00 PM »

Good luck with the emulator smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

leftyfb

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

you should really do a search on the forums here to find out that a PS2 emulator WILL NOT RUN GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY GAMES on the xbox. It's not worth your effort. Unless your going to throw some code in there that will basically double the processing power of the xbox. smile.gif

thexboxking

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

very true , it would be very slow and proabaly bail very often. maybe it will work on a xbox2. but as far as not  being able to unlock my hdd , i have tryed everything the hdd had been locked with configmagic. so the pass should be team assembly is this right? some one please help me as looking at my 200gig terd is getting me really bent and ready to puke.

and the port is no where even close to being done . just thought id give myself something to try since all the good stuff has already been done.

And to all those people hats off to you. YOU GUY'S ROCK AND KEEP IT COMING

skorchir

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

if this interests anyone there is a tool in the x-s tools section

http://dwl.xbox-scen...einfo-beta2.zip

this is great for creating and editting eeproms, serial #'s, video modes, region, etc..

Zappo

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »

I can supply you with an german tut (if you can read it) how to unlock a hdd via the pc - it worked for me great with the TEAMASSEMBLY password.

It's a part of this PDF:
http://warlock-xbox.....de/XBOXFAQ.zip

The needed tools can be downloaded from xbox-scene.com

A tip from me: When connecting the xbox-hdd to the pc, use bios-setting for hdd "none", otherwise it may be, that bevore booting anything the pc asks for the hdd-key - and there TEAMASSEMBLY will not work. So disable any hhd in the bios and boot from a floppy. Anything else is in the tut.

art408

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »

HEEEEELP. I have a SOFTMODDED v1.1 running 4981 bios. After update, boots up to no video. I can hear the beginning animation scene. Then its sits there solid green eject button. Can't FTP to it. It won't run anything from HD? Won't boot with a boot disk. Wont take enigmahs video switcher. Pushing the thumbsticks, nothing.

I'm out of ideas  sad.gif , anything else before I buy a MOD chip?

Can I revive the old BIOS then remove chip, or am I forced to use the chip permanently?

Thanks in advance.

nimbles

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2004, 01:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (phily @ Feb 10 2004, 11:21 AM)
Used XBTool to edit Xecuter2.Build.4977 to boot with the dashboard of your choice (i booted directly to the old installation of evox, never deleted it)

Flashed it with Xecuter2.Build.4977 which i had edited.

I remembered I played with a backup tool awhile ago and didnt delete the files it made smile.gif so i knew i could go back to the old setting!

Placed the working modchip with the now X2.4977 bios into my dead xbox, kept my fingers crossed and boom! it booted ignoring the fecked eeprom! wahoo!

Hey philly- is this the bog standard x2.4977 bios- didn't actually have the eeprom problem but switched down from x2.4981, edited it (booting to F:/dash/avalaunch/).

Asked around on teamxcuter forum and irc channel and they said it it needs the eeprom- just wondering whether you had a debug version (which i didn't see on xbins) or edited the standard one- with some tool?

Flashed my cheapmod back to 4981, assuming that the 4977 rumours weren't true. But  if you managed to do it i guess i'll be putting the 4977 bios back in- naturally have backups of the eeprom and other things generated by evox.

redgob

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2004, 04:38:00 AM »

Yes: use another modded xbox and swap the mod after boot in order to flash it.

skorchir

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 05:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (amirxbox @ Feb 11 2004, 04:47 AM)
I had Symptom 3, after reprogram bios to 4977 have now Symptom 4.
xbox version 1.0.
What can i do??
please help meeeeeeee save my box!!!!

hmmz 4977 should boot on a 1.0 no problem. You sure its a 1.0? Also some people say it works some say it doesnt. i havent tested 4977 with a toast eeprom myself. Why not try package 3? use the cromwell to reflash a good eeprom

PhReaK

• Archived User
Broken Xbox After Ava?
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (redgob @ Feb 11 2004, 02:38 PM)
Yes: use another modded xbox and swap the mod after boot in order to flash it.

the only other modded box i know is  modded with an Xbit and my x2l is installed with wires... guess i'm stuck then...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5