xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: New Avalaunch Screwed My Xbox  (Read 354 times)

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
New Avalaunch Screwed My Xbox
« on: February 08, 2004, 06:20:00 PM »

grr.gif FUCK!! THIS BETTER BE FIXABLE!!!!  mad.gif

Norse

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

savage...you most likely need to boot off an evox or avalaunch boot dvd....or make one. Just name avalaunch.xbe to default.xbe on the cdrw or dvd.

once booted from that, you may have to rename the new avalaunch.xbe to avadash or something...depends on whether or not your bios looks for the avadash.xbe or not.

davo408...sound like your xml for avalaunch is looking in the wrong place for music when it boots. I think the new default is f:\mp3 so either change that to the dir your mp3's are or put 1 mp3 in that folder.

good luck guys.

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (Norse @ Feb 9 2004, 01:41 AM)
savage...you most likely need to boot off an evox or avalaunch boot dvd....or make one. Just name avalaunch.xbe to default.xbe on the cdrw or dvd.

once booted from that, you may have to rename the new avalaunch.xbe to avadash or something...depends on whether or not your bios looks for the avadash.xbe or not.

davo408...sound like your xml for avalaunch is looking in the wrong place for music when it boots. I think the new default is f:\mp3 so either change that to the dir your mp3's are or put 1 mp3 in that folder.

good luck guys.

wink.gif  how will i boot anything? the moment i press the Power Button it just blinks red without video or sound.

this is with mod on and off.

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »

grr.gif  Team Avalaunch better fix my Xbox or there wont be Team Avalaunch no more!!!! something bad will happen to them. mad.gif

Stupid dashboard that plays with the eeprom , the other dashboards doesnt have that for a reason!!! that is not needed!!! the bios plays any region so there no need to change the video !!!!!!  grr.gif

demosthenz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »

hmm, having the same problem with mine.
Had evox running fine for the last year or so .. decided to give avalaunch a try. Was working fine until I ran a game, and avalaunch tried to switch the video. It crashed while doing this and all i could do was reboot the xbox. It didnt come back on. Just the red flashing LED.

I've read that link vegeta, but it isnt that. There is no way to boot anything, the xbox doesnt even get to the point of loading the bios. I tried removing the modchip, but no luck.

I'm assuming that the EEPROM is stuffed .. how do i fix this?? I have the eeprom.bin file from evox .. can i use this to somehow fix my eeprom .. or am i totally fucked?

cheers.

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Vegeta @ Feb 9 2004, 03:29 AM)
XboX-Savage instead of making stupid ass post threating people why dont you take the time to read:

http://forums.xbox-s...pic=169790&st=0

By the way which of the members of Team Avalaunch FORCED you to test there dashboard? I swear when some people have to do alittle work to get something working they cry like little bitches with skined knees. Sorry the dash was not served up to you XboX-Savage on a silver plater 100% bug free. Hopefuly you kept your reciept and can get your money back on this latest version of Avalaunch.

grr.gif  cause the motherfucking Dashboard deleted my motherfucking eeprom , and that happened with the "FIXED" version , i didnt download the first!!!!! i downloaded the second one!!!!!!, THEY SAID IT WAS FIXED!!! , others only have video problem that can be easyly fixed but not mine ,  ME AND OTHERS HAVE THE PROBLEM THAT THE MOTHERFUCKING DASHBOARD DELETED THE MOTHERFUCKING EEPROM!!!!!, YOU FUCKING READ , FUCKER!!  grr.gif

And to add a little spice my MOTHERFUCKING 120GB HD WONT UNLOCK!!!! EVEN WITH TEAMASSEMBLY PASS OR WITH THE HD PASS THAT IT WAS LOCKED WITH!!!!!!!!  grr.gif

SO DONT TELL ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN OR FUCKING READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  grr.gif

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (Vegeta @ Feb 9 2004, 04:22 AM)
LMFAO! I hope your shit never works again you fucking cry baby! Save your allowence or try and be a good boy this year and maybe mommy will buy you a new one for Christmas. Now sit back down and suck your thumb until mommy brings you a new bottle. Other people are having problems and other people are fixing there problems themselves. Those who can't are waiting for Avalaunch to fix it, but your just acting like alittle bitch.

FUCK YOURSELF!!!!!!

Vegeta

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »

......what.......ohh sorry, I was playing my XboX, were you crying again?

Vegeta

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (Thraxen @ Feb 9 2004, 08:36 AM)
Ummm... Not to interrupt this little spat, but I have a related question.  I'm trying Avalaunch for the first time, but after reading this I'm a bit afraid to run any games.  If I have the XML file set like this:  <videomode enabled="0"/>  (where 0 = don't allow video mode switching)... am I safe from Ava screwing with my eeprom?

Thraxen I would wait till Team Avalaunch address the current issues before trying the new version.

demosthenz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »

hey savage,

try this web site
removed

i cant give it a go since i dont have a programmer for my mod chip .. but if you are able to program, try this to see if it works.

Edit:
Actually, just read back through the posts, saw what a arrogant bastard you were and decided not to help, pity cause this might've worked.

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

Thraxen I would wait till Team Avalaunch address the current issues before trying the new version.

That's cool.  I have the bios in my other bank set to boot Evox first... so I'll just go back to that for now.  I really like the features Avalaunch has so hopefully this mess will be cleared up quickly so I can give it another go.

notkevin

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Feb 8 2004, 10:08 PM)
grr.gif  Team Avalaunch better fix my Xbox or there wont be Team Avalaunch no more!!!! something bad will happen to them. mad.gif

lol

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (notkevin @ Feb 9 2004, 04:50 AM)
QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Feb 8 2004, 10:08 PM)
grr.gif  Team Avalaunch better fix my Xbox or there wont be Team Avalaunch no more!!!! something bad will happen to them. mad.gif

lol

dry.gif and to you too.

UnleashX is the best dashboard , i was using it as my main dash before i decided to upgrade the Avalaunch that i had there with the new one. and fucked my XBox.

Xustu

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Feb 9 2004, 02:15 AM)
grr.gif  cause the motherfucking Dashboard deleted my motherfucking eeprom , and that happened with the "FIXED" version , i didnt download the first!!!!! i downloaded the second one!!!!!!, THEY SAID IT WAS FIXED!!! , others only have video problem that can be easyly fixed but not mine ,  ME AND OTHERS HAVE THE PROBLEM THAT THE MOTHERFUCKING DASHBOARD DELETED THE MOTHERFUCKING EEPROM!!!!!, YOU FUCKING READ , FUCKER!!  grr.gif

And to add a little spice my MOTHERFUCKING 120GB HD WONT UNLOCK!!!! EVEN WITH TEAMASSEMBLY PASS OR WITH THE HD PASS THAT IT WAS LOCKED WITH!!!!!!!!  grr.gif

SO DONT TELL ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN OR FUCKING READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  grr.gif

Man, I hope your xbox stays screwed so you can just give up and stop filling the forums with garbage.  I had the same problem but was able to fix it under 5 minutes after reading 1 (ONE) thread.   So come on, it's not that hard.  Being pissed and swearing in the forum isn't gonna fix your $200.00 paper-weight.   The fools like you who will not search the forum are the number one cause of trash here.  RTFM.

die.

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »

Well, first of all - it passed all our tests. But a handful people doesn't test software like a couple of thousands does.  As for who's to blame ? Hard to see a bug that doesn't fail during testing- hence all people that installs ava, is our testers - not users. We got feedback on 0.48.5 and we fixed it right away, which should tell you how serious we take feedback from our users.

If something goes wrong, well.... that happens. We have stated many many times that you run this on your own responsibillity, we'll try to help, but we wont run down to your house to repair it.

We're gonna try to make things easier, and when it fail, we'll try to make patches to make things work again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7