xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 'slayers' Style Disc For Avalaunch?  (Read 86 times)

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
'slayers' Style Disc For Avalaunch?
« on: January 29, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

smile.gif in less than 5min its that easy..

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 08:01:00 AM »

wink.gif

john_thomas

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

sha

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

I made an auto installer disc becuase as an installer I have people that request Avalaunch so it makes it easier.  I have to say slayer is the man for making it simple he got me off my feet day one.

If more people start requesting stuff like this I may just release a DVD version with EMUs with my favorite roms,more skins and all the apps that are out.

jason6300

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »

TRUE... It is easy to do without Slayers but..

Slayer 2.5 installs avalaunch as an app in its install.
You could Just point your bios to the xbe for avalaunch.

Slayers does make extra folders in different partitions on the box (that are not always needed) but it's to make alot of the apps configure to a generic setup.

If you do alot of xboxes (like an installer) you can extract the slayer iso and change anything you want! After all it's just a compilation of other apps Etc.

BTW...
Anyway you can get avalaunch as your main dash
IS A GOOD WAY!

Racer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

Well if you look in the *usual* places like newsgroups, I made my own installer based on Slayers work but eliminated alot of the bloat.  But, it does install Avalaunch as the base dashboard with evox as an app mainly for flashing, etc.

lamrith

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »

I JUST modded my box and this was my 1st ever.  Did the Evox install CD 1st time, backed everything up and installed it on the root drive.  Then realised how simple it was to do install.  I then got a copy of AVA to play with and it installed just as easy and maybe even more so.  I rebooted and it came right up!!

WHY EVER USE EVOX!??  I will admit I have a XBIT, so the flashing of EVOX is useless to me, but AVA rocks!  The skins are great, the internet connectivity and File manager are great.  then we get to the menu system...

Ava is wicked easy to install and I even installed it on my F drive so that the C drive stays clean should M$ ever decide to update my dash etc..

ANYWAY, just my $.000002

GO AVA GO!