xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bugreports 0.48.4  (Read 294 times)

Bicster

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2004, 07:43:00 AM »

I did find one "bug" although it's really just a cosmetic nit -- when using the file manager to copy files, at least half of the files copied show a progress of over 100% at the end.  103%, 1100%, etc.  This might scare someone into thinking their data is not being copied correctly, even though it is.

flattspott

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

I was talking about the "Scandisk Complete Z:health_x.txt " message popup. But maybe that's is whats happening, like you said e is bigger. Either way it's still a bug I think. Because it is dispaying the complete popup when it isn't done yet. Cause the Scandisck c takes around 3 seconds. Complete message popup comes up goes away. For e it take 3 sec for the popup like in c on it stays on the screen for 30 secs or so and no button presses get rid of it. Kinda like it's still working in the background even though the popup says it done.

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2004, 04:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Jan 8 2004, 06:52 PM)
I was talking about the "Scandisk Complete Z:health_x.txt " message popup. But maybe that's is whats happening, like you said e is bigger. Either way it's still a bug I think. Because it is dispaying the complete popup when it isn't done yet. Cause the Scandisck c takes around 3 seconds. Complete message popup comes up goes away. For e it take 3 sec for the popup like in c on it stays on the screen for 30 secs or so and no button presses get rid of it. Kinda like it's still working in the background even though the popup says it done.

I believe ava is making a report on the Z: partition after the scandisk takes place. It will only take a sec to do that for the C: but with the much bigger drives it probably takes longer to compile and create the .txt file.

Nfocus

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

I have a prob sometimes when playin random mp3s in the dash it will play the last 15 secs of a song over and over for a few mins and the go to the next one. my xbox is never off always mp3's and acam :) Gotta love 48.4

Bulan

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

sad.gif  Whenever I try to upload some mp3's to my box, Ava freeze after about 10-15 of them.. Have to use power switch to restart the Box

Had to switch to EvoX to be able to transfer them all.  dry.gif

Using FlashFXP latest ver and Ava 48.4.  Had the same in some prev versions too, and seen some stuff bout in forum here too.. but thought it was resolved already?

Don't have any problem using Qwix though...

This is prolly the old "longfilenamesgetblockedand after to many I freeze" bug in Ava that never get fixed.. blink.gif  or will it?  unsure.gif

skorchir

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (Zykola @ Jan 11 2004, 04:58 PM)
I noticed this mentioned already, but I have a little bit more info on the problem so...

Quicklaunch does not work if the DVD dongle is plugged in at all (any port).

yes it also seems quicklaunch doesnt work when i have a USB keyboard plugged in

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure my quick launch still works, and I always have the dvd dongle in port 4...using ava 48.4, PAL xbox (v1.1).... I'll try to remember to double check...you have to hit the quick launch button at the right time....too soon and it won't register, even if you hold it down, too late and it's too late....it takes a bit to know when the right time is....

My xbox was being rather funny yesterday afternoon....I'm not sure if this is a bug or something else, and I'd have to test it again to see if I can similar results....

Basically, several program loads and IGRs (using 4979.06), then some programs take a lot longer to load...my led is set to change red on load...it will stay red for a MUCH longer time than normal, but if you wait the program will load.

I was experiencing crashes upon program loads, where the led stays red...I'm not sure what fixed it....I deleted the ava settings via MS Dash (again, not sure what this does), and deleted e:\cache contents....but still stange issues...even my games weren't loading at one point....this is the first time i've seen this...I cleared everything again, and managed to get it going again...no probs since, but I still encounter the slow loads sometimes.

Try loading small apps then resetting, then reloading them several times...like dvd2xbox and enigmah video switcher...

Not sure if it's a bug/mem leak whatever, or some caching thing the xbox is doing, or what...just thought I'd put word out....didn't notice it on older versions of ava.

cheers all.

Pathetic

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »

I have similar problems like joshua, my xbox often hangs while loading
from avalaunch 48.4.
The only way to stop this is to switch the box off - but then it wont boot anymore, black screen and blinking LED - if i switch off my chip and goto MS Dash the clock is reset. I have to set it again, switch off, sometimes i have to wait a few minutes before getting to ava again !

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

Mine has nothing to do with the clock being changed or anything...it stays the same...it's more like longer loading times on repeated resets....(but I don't think it happens all the time)....

I'm not sure what was causing my crashes, but I think I had it once more last nite...they've appeared all of a sudden, whcih is strange...

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

Yesterday Ava started to freeze on me.....I'm not sure why, I tried deleting the ava settings in the ms dash memory, and clearning the cache folders on e:, no luck. At first I disabled the news feed, still crashed. Then I disabled APOD, freeze fixed. I have yet to re-enable the new feed to narrow it down to APOD...I have also since deleted the APOD bmp file, incase that was causing issues and will retry APOD.....

But it's weird that it started to happen all of a sudden.....Just before it happened I switched between NTSC and PAL a few times. I will edit this post after a little more testing.

//Edit It wasn't the newsfeeds, so must have been the APOD...I've managed to get it going again fine...maybe just deleting the apod pic was all I needed to do //edit end

gnutellafan

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2004, 06:07:00 AM »

Hmm, they must have put a timer in the new dash to self destruct ;-)

I havent played my xbox since earlier last week, when I turned it on today AVA keeps freezing on me after 5-30sec. I have no idea why and havent changed anything. This had occured on rare occasion b4 but has happed ~20 times this AM

EDIT: thanks to the guys on mIRC

seems that the problem was that news feeds and ADOP where turned on (though it had never been a problem b4. Turning them off solved my problems. Hope this helps someone else.

cplater

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

When I try to download files they are downloaded as folders. For some reason when the client (Transmit for OS X) tries to download the files, it tries first as a folder, and the server does not return an error. Here is a portion of the transcript:

Cmd: PWD
257: "/C:/" is current directory.
Cmd: CWD /C:
250: CWD command successful.
Cmd: CWD avalaunch.xml
Cmd: PORT 192,168,1,101,202,129
200: Connected to port
Cmd: LIST
150: Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
226: Transfer complete.
Cmd: CDUP
200: CWD command successful.
Cmd: CWD /C:/

neonman

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

I had background music enabled in 48.2 works fine
48.3 freezes 50 % of time
48.4 freezes 99% of the time
48.4 runs fine without background music enabled, but when its enabled it freezes on the xbox screen.
Im not using shoutcast, im using an MP3 folder

neonman

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

im not quite understanding what you mean, should i add a shoutcast folder?

Zappo

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2004, 06:56:00 AM »

wink.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4