xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Bugreports 0.48.4  (Read 292 times)

the joker

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« on: December 31, 2003, 06:46:00 AM »

xahur

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »

Its been told that many have problems with mp3 and shoutcast playback..
Nothing ive seen, but appearently most of those people dun really care enough to go here and report it

EDIT:
Allright people. Here is the solution for the Shoutcast problem:

i figured out what is wrong with sc incas u guys wanna know, for some reason if you have a sc file, and have the stationsn that begin with shoutcast://64.236.34.141:80/stream/1011, it will freeze up the box

Quote: UltraVire@#avalaunch

drewZen

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 09:25:00 AM »

not sure if mentioned before, but if you try to hit next track on dvd remote to change MP3, avalaunch will skip 2 to 3 tracks.... then finally play a track.
Also i noticed after enabling the apod and acam the only way to "disable" is to select a skin, i was thinkin keeping same skin and have ability to cycle thru pics and turn off if possible... guess not really a bug, but my g/f almost seen a full breast shot on the TV screen while i tried quickly to select another skin  laugh.gif
Other than that everything works great.. faster bootup, still my dash of choice since the first release.

Bicster

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 09:46:00 AM »

This problem went away as mysteriously as it appeared:
Anyone else having problems with freezing in general, and specifically, freezing when changing skins?   I upgraded using the built-in upgrade function.  X2 4979.06, v1.5

Avalaunch rocks!

The font is much more readable -- thanks!!!

skorchir

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 11:49:00 AM »

Ok It seems that games with a 'TM' in the XBE Name gives an error. It reads a list off the disc but when it tries to copy it to the hard drive it gives a error "Unable to open file - Abandonning backup". Im assuming its because it cant create the directory. If i insert another disc right after the error backup does nothing and needs rebooting to try again. When rebooted and another disc is inserted without "TM" in the title its working biggrin.gif.

During backup process the current song playing finishes and doesnt continue playing the next one. I need to press the thumb stick to keep me entertained  laugh.gif

After Game backup Complete I NOTICED MUCH IMPROVEMENTS! smile.gif
IT DOESNT CRASH WOOHOO! I LOVE IT biggrin.gif
"Dvd Backup Complete"

EXCELLENT WORK!

Recommendations: Maybe make a file where people can list backup locations and before starting the backup ask where to put it also considering free space.
Also maybe an option in the Games list to uninstall games

** TJ : good call on that TM thing - seriously good find on that one **

skorchir

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »

FTP still crashes when trying to send a lot of long filenames

for example sending over roms a lot of them have long filenames and fail avalaunch locks up after a few of them try be uploaded
This has been a bug for a long time now

** joker : Had a thingy in xb-ftp that would cut the names to something more proper... people want that introduced?   ( thisisaloooooooooooooooooongname.mp3 => thisisalooooooooo.mp3 practically speaking )

xahur

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (skorchir @ Dec 31 2003, 09:57 PM)
FTP still crashes when trying to send a lot of long filenames

for example sending over roms a lot of them have long filenames and fail avalaunch locks up after a few of them try be uploaded
This has been a bug for a long time now

skorchir..
Now, i havent really seen this bug mentioned in the bugreports before, but maybe i just havent been looking carefully enough.
I have never had problems with this, as i dont transfer long filenames... I learned from my experiences in xbmp where the system would freak out if u tried to send 1 file with a too long filename...

If it has been mentioned before, then accept my apologies, and im sure the devs are working on it...
If it hasnt, then im sure the devs will get to work on it right away.

Have a nice evening

troll

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 09:26:00 AM »

hi i have to xboxs one with Xecuter2.1 chip  and one with Xecuter 1 updated to day to 48.4 works fine on the xbox with 2.1 chip but the old one just hangs when booting black screen it most be some think in the medi dir because when i del it and put the dir from 48.2 it works fine not moaning just letting you kown

soki

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

I did autoupdate and it froze during Xbox flubber animation. Then I downloaded it off xbins and it still froze. Went back to 0.48.3.

CanBert

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

Crimson Skies still no launch from Avadash -- Evox -- loads it fine.......HD or off original disk same thing............

** debug bios ? **

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (CanBert @ Jan 1 2004, 11:36 PM)
Crimson Skies still no launch from Avadash -- Evox -- loads it fine.......HD or off original disk same thing............

I can play CS fine from the disc or from the HD. Must be a settings problem as it sure is not an ava one.

** some new games also checks for date on files it seems, dont recall the "rules" there, but I've made one CS patch for my own build that is enabled when running in debug-bios xbox - since just like halo, this game require the mem used by the dll **

xprezz

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »

Still not able to delete folders via ftp, only files.

** EDIT, TJ   :  SITE DELTREE <dirname> **
( ftp protocol doesn't support direct deltreeing, limit in the clients )

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (xprezz @ Jan 2 2004, 01:34 AM)
Still not able to delete folders via ftp, only files.

Hmmm, I would think it's your FTP client causing the problem.  I can delete folders fine through FlashFXP, the Windows CLI FTP, and Linux CLI FTP.

XDTenzo

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »

ava did also not list the XCommander.xbe in the apps department. Had to change the name to (default.xbe) to get it listed.

** thx to all the xbe's that comes with games and such, like xboxonlineupdate.xbe +++ we thought it was safer to leave those kinda of programs to need to be "hardlinked" in the xml file **

xahur

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.4
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »

Ava only lists default.xbe...
And thats quite nice, since u would get like 4-5 xbe's with a liveenabled game...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4