xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bugreports 0.48.2  (Read 225 times)

Crazie

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2003, 01:07:00 PM »

Updated to 0.48.2 today, and noticed that in Settings > Hardware Info > Misc Xbox Info

Xbox memory is 0 mb, and Slave is :<backslash>D

I'm not sure why but I posted 3 or 4 times, but its not taking the backslash between the : and D...

I have only tested this on my main XB, I will put it on my other one later tonight, and see if it does the same.

XBox is a 1.0 w/ Samsung DVD unit, let me know if you need more info.

Storm1000000

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2003, 02:37:00 PM »

I'm on a soft modded XBox and I, like others here, can't get Ava 48.2 to launch as my default dash. I suspect this is because Ava .48.2 displays launching text that displays over a transparent background that is incompatible with PBL. You can read my thread here. We can confirm/disprove my theory easily enough if there is an option in the config xml file to turn off the text that displays on initial bootup. Is anyone familiar with an option like this?

Storm1000000

none_ya

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

I think I have noticed this one annoying bug in every release.  When I transfer a small file via ftp, like a font file it wont transfer.  And even when I try to transfer a small file from CD like a .xm file from hackd Ms Dash, it goes into like a loop, just gets stuck on that file and wont transfer it.

Noneya

kaioshade

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2003, 07:31:00 AM »

PBL, if i remember correctly, is the phoenix bios loader.

i dont know much about it, but you can happily search for it now.

Edit by Snowy
This is just a answer to multiple quests about what is PBL

A_Snowman

ylsf

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »

Not sure whether to repost this from the .481 bug report.. I am still having a problem where my RCA (Proscan VCR remote) will crash Avalaunch when I hit the play button.  The play codes are not the same for the xbox remote as the the VCR (If I hit play on my xbox remote it will not play on my VCR).  This is the only button that will crash the xbox. (just freezes everything.. the mp3 playback, the news scroll, etc).  Is there a way to fine tune the "remote" commands?  It doesn't freeze when using evox, Xboxmediaplayer, XBMC or any other apps that support remotes (that I have seen yet).

Thanks

shan_mj

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »

Not sure if this is a bug or a suggestion, but when running Ava on a network and with the RSS feeds, it seems that the games / apps / etc menus are not populated until AFTER it establishes the network connection and the newsfeed begins.  This amounts to booting and waiting 5-10sec before being able to start a game.  

Would it be possible to populate the menus first, and then establish network communication?

dobrodude

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2003, 05:03:00 AM »

smile.gif

dobrodude

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2003, 05:17:00 AM »

Disregard my last post. I think that the default movieplayer path is wrong for my setup. I was using the xboxdash.xbe with my previous version......

CraiZEAH

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2003, 10:22:00 AM »

1) Booting with Mp3 Playback on -> stopping mp3 playback, trying to transfer a file from or to the xbox will not work (no transfer ever). (i had a ftp connection initiated before stopping the mp3 , any new connections did not resolve the problem)

2) Resume Xbox -> PC transfer is *messed* up and results in *messed* up files.

TJ :
1. unable to reproduce
2. FTP has not been looked at since Boostmode.  full rewrite has started.

b01

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »

If I have AVA set to static and I try to download skins, it goes to a black screen and I have to restart. The only fix is to change ava to DHCP.

The BG music continues, but I have to restart.

Striker2k2

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (shan_mj @ Dec 9 2003, 04:14 AM)
Not sure if this is a bug or a suggestion, but when running Ava on a network and with the RSS feeds, it seems that the games / apps / etc menus are not populated until AFTER it establishes the network connection and the newsfeed begins.  This amounts to booting and waiting 5-10sec before being able to start a game. 

Would it be possible to populate the menus first, and then establish network communication?

Yeah i have the same, it takes awfully long with a 250gb and dhcp :S

I'm using the filemanager a lot for transferring between xboxes.
Sometimes it goes wrong or whatever, at least transfer stops, theres no way to recover from that, just a full reboot.
And one other thing, isnt there a way to stop the transfer and keep the current queue by a button from the joypad??? Pausing like flashfxp would be nice also smile.gif (maybe even lists?)

poiygon

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2003, 10:53:00 PM »

Boost mode window stays up and XBox freezes when aborting a ISO transfer back to the XBox.

Rabid Wolverine

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »

Pal xbox version 1.

Only issue im getting is the dvd remote.

When you press either the up or down button once it will continue going down till the end.

Everything else is a - ok.. Switched from evox.

talon

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »

When running Avalaunch, I am unable to access my memory card when I ftp into my xbox.  I know my memory card is working properly , because it works fine with evox.

vender0711

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48.2
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2003, 05:07:00 AM »

Downloaded newest version.  Started it up and it flashed my BIOS.  How it was able to do this is, I have no idea.  AVA started up then the LINUX Cromwell Flash screen came up,  Then I shut it down before anything else happened.  Very strange, how could it switch my BIOS Bank?  I fixed it with Evox and deleted AVA.
Thanks
Mark
Pages: 1 [2] 3