xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out  (Read 135 times)

geniusalz

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (digiblur @ Dec 5 2003, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (geniusalz @ Dec 5 2003, 10:20 PM)
Will it ban me from LIVE? ph34r.gif

j/k laugh.gif

Great innovative features, btw.

ROTFLMAO!!!  I hope your joking....

j/k = just kidding  dry.gif

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2003, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (CanBert @ Dec 5 2003, 10:01 PM)
Still don't see any options for the VOIP thing??

Am I missing something???????

And yes I have the xml code in for it and 1 for enabled.

settings -> sound -> ip telephone

It will show you a different menu as soon as you put in the xbox live communicator headset into any controller

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2003, 09:32:00 PM »

dry.gif

the xbox-scene is like the real world:
well it was a pretty bad example but whatever unsure.gif

i can really say NO! take it back shove that code back into your brain, we dont want it! do as you please, but put a n00b tester or somthing to make sure we dont end up with a bunch of moronic freshmen *shudder*

Obiwan Kanobi

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »

Just wasted evox down the drain...and nested Avalaunch where it belongs, as the best dash available on the scene. Just one question if I press the right thumb normaly I would have got (in previous versions) an online radio station. But now in this new version I only get the splash screen saying "buffering mp3" and streaming. I get no music and this splash screen will come up en off screen with 2 sec intervals. I do get the newsfeed so my network connection is allright. Anyone with the same prob and a workaround?

thejt

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2003, 11:45:00 PM »

you probably have a problem with the urls.  Mine works fine..

NeoNuss

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2003, 03:25:00 AM »

hi! i did the update from the avalaunch menu and now it freezes on startup!!! i made a boot-cd and now I have access to my box again. I think the problem is, that my avalaunch.xml is still from the older version - so could anyone please post the content of the avalaunch.xml where I can enter the right path to the skin-files?

thx,
NeoNuss

ThreeEyedFish

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2003, 03:58:00 AM »

Great work you guys !!

This is the first AVA release that works smoothly for me. Everything launched and nothing froze.

I just made it my default/primary/only dashboard.

kudos

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2003, 05:29:00 AM »

www.crusaders.no/~joker/avalaunch/avalaunch.xml
that is the current xml, check it out to add the skin area =)

xionanx

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2003, 06:23:00 AM »

Actually, it's my understanding that Slayer has added Avalaunch as an installable app on one of his auto-install discs.  But your right, people NEED to go through the process of learning to install apps and then install them personally.  There are WAY TO MANY users who are completely ignorant of how any of this is done, and there really is no excuse for it other then laziness on their part.  I know, becuase prior to April 2003, I had NO KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER of modchips/dashes/apps/anything xbox modding related.

In less then 2-3 hours or research on xbox-scene.com and these forums, I was able to figure out which modchip was best for me and then order one.  When it arrived, I was able to install the chip, with no previous experience soldering, after a quick trip to radio shack for the right equipment.  I was then able to make my own install disc, nothing fancy but it got evox installed and formatted my 80 gig HD.  All this information was freely available right here, all it took was a little effort on my part.  I now consider myself to be very knowledgable of most scene related issues..

Now, that means one of several things:
1.  I am a self motivated genius capable of learning at an incredible rate.
2.  Any user incapable of doing what I did has the intelligence of rotten kelp.
3.  Any user who doesnt do what I did is a lazy jackass in need of a good kick in the balls.
4.  Any user who feels other are obligated to answer every inane question they have needs to have his mothers nipples pryed from his mouth and handed a quick dose of "people aren't gonna breast feed you forever"!

I could think of several more insults, but most revolve around people just not taking the initiative to learn something on thier own.

I agree with making the process simpler, easier, more robust.  However that should not be done at the expense of knowledge of how the system works.  I hate the fact that windows XP has made using computers so easy that companies like "Bonzai Buddy" can take advantage of users ignorance and convince them that "Their clock may not be showing the correct time" when their is a feature built right into windows xp that automatically adjusts the time according to the atomic clock (sorry, not really related, I'm just tired of deleting that crap from the computers at work from the idiot people I work with instaling it)...

Damn.... I lost my train of thought becuase of my anger at that stupid program....  Anyway, I think what I was getting at is that everyone was ignorant of everything at birth.  Some of us learned how to read and understand the english language, and use it as a platform to continue to learn more about the things we are interested in.

If all you want is something that lets you copy and play games, then you dont need any special knowledge.  Grab a slayers disc, load evox, and never come back.  You have everything you need.  But if you intend to hang around here, take the time to read the wealth of knowledge that is stored here before you go begging people to "chew, digest, and reproduce" that knowledge for you.

BNO79

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2003, 01:13:00 PM »

sad.gif
I solve it downgrade to avalaunche 0.48  blink.gif
In less word avalaunch 0.48.2 work only on my xbox wink.gif
BYEZ

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »

have seen that a couple times, a quick on/off solved it tho.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2003, 07:12:00 PM »

why just ava as a installable app.. it should be made the default installed dashboard =P

jlm5151

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2003, 07:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Dec 11 2003, 12:12 AM)
why just ava as a installable app.. it should be made the default installed dashboard =P

Or as MXM 's assistant  tongue.gif.... Sorry Snipa, I had to.... laugh.gif

xionanx

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2003, 04:34:00 AM »

Yes, I agree it should be the defualt installed dash.  The only reasons I can think of that it isn't is that:
1.  It can't flash bios
2.  It can't format new HD's
3.  Idiots still think evox is better (the proliferation of "why should I switch posts" demonstrates that)

But, my opinion is this.  I will only install a HD once in my xbox.  I can use a evox disc for that untill Ava implements it.  I will also rarely flash my bios, once again I could use evox as an app for that untill Ava implements it.

Hands down, Ava is THE superior dash.  It only lacks 2 essential things.  Others will say that "skinning" is important as well, but I personally could give a rats ass about skins.  I use the dash to launch games, I don't sit around looking at it all day.

brainstane

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2003, 08:43:00 AM »

beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3]