xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out  (Read 137 times)

c4cab

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« on: May 20, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif .

Was i seeing things when i read that this sucker is still in Alpha? WoW! I cant wait to see V1!! so long as it dont blow my minde   cool.gif

I do however have a link to evox within Ava for utillity perposes for the time being (untill Ava implements). Superb Work Guys!!!! Post back if you want a nice skin from time to time. I like to change once in a while and I make some "A1 S#it" and would even make costome designs (free of course) for you, if you so desired, to show my apreciation for your hard work and superb Dashboard.

Quick question to anyone, im trying to figure out how to disable, hide or even make Ava take 2 seconds longer to boot, to prevent  the little (not a big deal) box that apears, containing the location and name of current "song" being played, from being displayed.

Any help no matter how complex would be apreciated.

Did i mention that AVALAUNCH ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif

Lysip

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

smile.gif

c4cab

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

blink.gif , Like I said erlyer, had Ava for only 3 days and been doin some readin on it and guess what page hapend to come up on a google search. Im not much for posting, but Ava is worth posting about. not to ask about it, but just to say "hey! nice work!"... anyway, i know i can disable the music to get that box gone, but I cant have that. I need the music  biggrin.gif

Guess i better got back to google and finde some newer info, must be a way by now.

Peace out  beerchug.gif

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 07:06:00 PM »

changelog straight out of the code

// Added a simple skinning system and run-time switching of skins.
// Created a system concerning bootproofing.
// ftp boost : fixed flags on created files, making some games not work properly in some unique cases. (moto gp comes to mind)
// boot : Fixed Quick Launch bug that was introduced in 0.48
// boot : Added persistant display boot for the feel of it
// boot : Added extra logic to avoid possible freezes during boot
// boot : Added code to fix videomode if last boot didn't manage to init monitor.  Defaults to NTSC since it's viewable in all systems
// boot : Added a boot-log on screen so possible errors during boot will reveal themselves, hold LEFT TRIGGER to slow down for studies
// Finally enabled the 'Edit XBE Title...' in the games menu
// iso9660 : fixed some size issues
// UI : Added possibillity to switch skins
// UI : Added preview and selector for skins ( click once for preview - twice to select and use ) - might need reboot to change already loaded pictures and fonts
// UI : Added possibillity to download skins with preview ( once = preview - twice to download / install )
// UI : Changed default background to skin background ( background.png in hardware info and such )
// Core : Hardware info no longer crashes
// launch : launches pretty much 100% now
// reboot : fixed, boots always as far as tested
// fonts : Cleaned fonts a bit
// Sound : Added IP telephone using XBOX LIVE kit.  Uncompressed only atm, so it pulls 16kb/s both ways max, and uses port 698. Peer 2 peer only atm.
// fan : Set a max heat tolerance that will make it speed up the fan if it's getting overheated  ( 60 C on mcpx and 68 on CPU );
// Fonts : Caching fonts to z: due to that fonts are being locked while in use - so it doesn't lock them where they might be needed
// music : Added Stop functionallity on "LEFT TRIGGER + LEFT THUMB"

Heykrop

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »

Just did the live update and now it wont launch.  Gets stuck loading default background element listing that the default path is W:mediaskins.etc.       Can't get it working  

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

was a few people that had that problem this time.  it's prolly because we added skins and it demands a little more of the installation.

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

Download from xbins it's good.
BTW the downloading skins is great, very nice job.

Beamen

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

it didnt work for me either, you need to download the rar and do it.

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 07:47:00 PM »

if nothing else works, try getting new version with all dirs from xbins or such.   The new skinengine simply took too much.

Heykrop

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2003, 08:34:00 PM »

Just downloaded and reinstalled it and all is GREAT.  Works like a charm.  

I'm sold.  All it needs now is controlls for a chameleon mod to select and flash banks and be able to illuminate the chameleons LED and I will have no need to use EvoX.  

I still say. Change the name to AvaRocks!

CanBert

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2003, 10:50:00 PM »

How's the IP phone/voice over IP work in it????

thejt

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2003, 11:30:00 PM »

Looks great!!  Skinning UI is coo.  IP phone is groovy!  I wonder how many users can connect?

One thing Ive noticed is with the new dir layout for the skinning UI and font usage.  Skins available for download from the menu include .ttf's in their folder..  yet ava will only use fonts that reside in media/skins/default.  

What would be cool is a Font UI with previews biggrin.gif .. with a main skin folder media/fonts.  On the fly fonts would kick ass.  Even if the font system is intended to allow individual fonts for each skin (tho it doesnt seem to work atm),  a font UI would be way more money mike!

Anyway GJ, Thx thx.

thejt

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2003, 11:43:00 PM »

Font sizing doesnt work sad.gif.. Tho I dont really know if it ever did or was supposed to.

SlaYer

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2003, 02:49:00 AM »

Excellent job as usual, great fixes and great new features! Ava Rocks!

Questions for the Ava Developers:

1) Any way to supress/hide the scrolling text that appears when running Ava?
(I am referring to the initialisation and dir scanning feedback text at startup)

2) Has reliability with Qwix been improved?
(I love and use Devenic's Qwix religiousely but sometimes the old Ava 0.48 just froze up during upload transfers and I do not think it was Qwix's fault)

3) Is there additional functionality planned for interoperability with Qwix?

4) Are you guys ready to talk at any time?
(I am still waiting on Devenic to get the rest of the Ava developers to "meet" with me and chat about a possible Auto-Updating installer/dash....)

Thanks and looking forward to working together.

thejt

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48.2 Out
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2003, 04:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (SlaYer @ Dec 5 2003, 12:13 PM)
Are you guys ready to talk at any time?
(I am still waiting on Devenic to get the rest of the Ava developers to "meet" with me and chat about a possible Auto-Updating installer/dash....)

Baah!!  I think that Ava should be reserved for people who have half a brain.  The rest of the dupes can wallow in evox self pity!

A slayer install of Ava would evox it all up.  Next thing you know there will be 32,000 posts about "how do I do this", "I cant do that", "where's my brain".  If there are that many people having problems with evox after a auto-install then I dont wanna see the results of this venture.
Pages: [1] 2 3