xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Xdvdfstools V2.0 Support Topic  (Read 1596 times)

VooD

• Archived User
Xdvdfstools V2.0 Support Topic
« on: July 19, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

CloneXB 2.3 released today uses XDVDFSTools v2.0 as base to perform its new functions, and as CloneXB 2.3 is in very very beta stage here is some info for those of you which want to use the XDVDFSTools updated by clonexb (the coder) to perform the same optimizations.

The package name is: XDVDFSToolsv2.0.rar (look for it at the usual places) and includes extensive documentation about each supported command in a pdf file, so I´ll center in the basic file layout dumping and iso making from an original disc.

You´ll need two files from the package:

- LayoutDumper.xbe : this is the Xbox executable dumper, its purpose is to save the disc file layout structure to a file so Xdvdfs_maker can use it to replicate the original structure.

- xdvdfs_maker.exe : the windows command line executable used to build the optimized iso.

Let start:

- Rename LayoutDumper.xbe to default.xbe and transfer it to your Xbox

- Insert a game disc, and load the new Xbox app you sent from your dashboard

- Now you should see a basic interface, (A) to dump and ( B ) to back, we´ll it´s pretty obvious what you want to do here. Push the (A) button and wait for the dvd drive to stop reading.

- The layout file will be saved at the folder where dumper´s xbe is.

- Push ( B ) to back to your dashboard.

- Make a temporary folder on your pc´s hard disk. Let say C:\XBOX,  and also another folder inside this one where the game files will be transfered: C:\XBOX\GAME

- Copy xdvdfs_maker.exe and yout newly created .lyt file to C:\XBOX

- Transfer all the game disc files to C:\XBOX\GAME via FTP (at this point maybe is a good idea to remove media checks)

- Now open a command line console (Start -> Run -> CMD.EXE), and change your dir to C:\XBOX\

- Type:

CODE
xdvdfs_maker -pad -order yourorder.lyt -newlayoutformat -opt1 C:\XBOX\GAME XBOX.ISO

(change yourorder.lyt by the name of your file, use "" if the filename has spaces: Ninja Gaiden.lyt -> "Ninja Gaiden.lyt", or just delete those spaces)

- Push enter twice.

- Now wait for the iso to be completed, be sure you have enought space, as will fill a entire dvd-r, 4483 mb.

Finally you´ll have a 4.3 gb XBOX.ISO file on C:\XBOX  ready to be burnt whith your usual burning software.

Remember you wont get any significative improvement if the disc you want to backup is not original, as probably lost any original optimization when was built for backup purposes. In this case you´ll only benefit from padding the files, so the overall read speed could be a bit better. If the disc you are trying to optimize is a backup and you still want to get some improvement, either ask somebody with the original disc to dump the layout for you, or manually edit the layout in a more logic way thant the standart order by filename. (also, notice not every Xbox original game was layout optimized by their developers. Panzer Dragoon is one of them, so manually editing the layout could improve the times and head movement). I´ll post some tips for manually optimizing layouts later.

I´ve setup a simple site where you can upload/download your layout files so other people could rebuild their non-optimized isos. Now there is only two layouts, but will be more if people collaborates.

http://xboxlyt.freeunixhost.com

Feel free to ask questions and report bugs to this topic.

p.d.: excuse my simple english  :P

This post has been edited by VooD on Jul 20 2004, 11:14 PM

AgentEB

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

cool..thanks for outlining what to do with these two proggys as they didn't come with a readme.txt file.  laugh.gif keep up the good work

amps

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »

Hey Vood,

Weren't ya'll going to start a thread with optimized layout files?  Where we could attach our own layouts?  Let us know....

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 06:42:00 AM »

Well, in theory we are supposed to setup a web for adding layouts in the future, when CloneXB is ended and bug free. Till then I guess we could add layouts to a single thread, altought the system would be very confortable as there some disc which can generate 25kb long layouts. If only we could attach files  sad.gif  , any idea? Maybe a temporary forum on a free server with attach files on?

dbldown768

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

can we pin this topic so that it doesnt fall to far in this forum.

As far as posting these files somewhere, right now the only idea i was think of is maybe some yahoo briefcase or something.  i know they give 30mb, its not much, but it's a start.  It early here, maybe later i can come up with something better.

There's also a site called Znail, that with a $10 donation you can get 50 mb.

This post has been edited by dbldown768 on Jul 20 2004, 03:22 PM

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

A temporary solution is in progress by amps.  <

amps

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

Ok folks,

This was thrown extremley quickly so please don't mind...  I would like a process for layout files to come through, I'll be setting up an email for this case... until then if you would like one to be added please just post it and I'll take care of it... I'm at work and I can't do alot or spend alot of time on it...

Realize there are pages missing because I don't have files for them, I'll be creating them as I go.

Xbox Layout Files

If somebody know's how to do a better job a designing a web page please do so and give it to me, I'll publish it....  Thankx to Rahszul, I kinda used his site as a template..... I hope he doesn't mind.

amps

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

Please email me your files at [email protected] and I'll get the posted up.  Also if you could include if it's a Dumped layout file or a manually optimized file.  So I can seperate them.  <

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

I setup a web so you all can upload/download xbox disc layouts easily.
http://xboxlyt.freeunixhost.com/index.php

This will be the official web for uploading layout files, till CloneXB and XBDVDFS_Tools are in final stage.

Regards.

This post has been edited by VooD on Jul 20 2004, 10:41 PM

ncasebee

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

Wonderful. Everyone get uploading now. I'll be uploading every original I have shortly. Things are finally starting to come together. A great day for the scene. biggrin.gif

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (ncasebee @ Jul 21 2004, 03:59 AM)
Wonderful. Everyone get uploading now. I'll be uploading every original I have shortly. Things are finally starting to come together. A great day for the scene. biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Would be greater if clonexb could had time to release a usuable version of CloneXB. sad.gif

Anyway I believe the new tools are not having as much movement at the scene as should have if we want them to be the usual way to make backups in a near future.... sad.gif

amps

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

I'll get all my originals out and I'll up some layouts tomorrow.... I'm not too bright on manually modifying files so....

Keep up the good work guy's!

ncasebee

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

Just got all 8 of my originals up. It's not a failure. We can still just do it manually with Xdvdfs_maker 2.0 and the new layout dumper. It does the same exact thing as CloneXB, just commandline. Yes, the CloneXb will ensure more backups will be optimzed due to ease of use.

-Vood you are admin of the new site correct. Could you make it so that we can see if there is anything in the lettered directories. I want to see when someone has uploaded new stuff. I can't click 32 times on A-Z to see if there is anything new.

This post has been edited by ncasebee on Jul 21 2004, 04:14 AM

jonnyschultze

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

I 've been following the "optimizing" thread for a long time, and I want to say .... Good job to all on this project!! Seems like a lot of hard labor between testing and coding, and you guys deserve a pat on the back!!

I do have a question - I've been using Quix - because I only have about 5 gigs free space on my PC to work with in building an iso, and it seemed that the only way i could build a large iso is my directly ftp-to-image (building an iso using the files on the xbox and ftping on the fly). Is there any way I can get around my problem currently, using CloneXB or XDVDFS_tools? all help is definately appreciated! ~JS

VooD

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

Sorry, but is not possible at this moment. Maybe on a future CloneXB version.
Anyway BUY A HARD DISK!!!! lol you can get 160gb for about 100€ in everywere  <
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16