xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Craxtion - Version 4.0.0  (Read 1492 times)

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE ([SDK]Devilman @ Jun 26 2004, 04:16 PM)
Access to File: .... was denied by the OS! ISO Creation Aborted

Anyone else been getting this and know how to fix it?

I cant find any specific reason for it occuring, but I have had it on several different sets of files and I cant get Craxtion4 to build the ISO.

Are there any odd file names that are a part of the ISO.  Is it a game? Application? as I will try to figure this out for you.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (noberto @ Jun 27 2004, 12:36 AM)
I guess you could classify this as another bug...

I've successfully installed craxtion 4, but the background graphics seem to be taking on a weird tile pattern, and even worse, the popup forms (e.g. the multigame iso popup menu, among other things)  aren't able to fully display the "OK","cancel", or "next" buttons.  I've tried to resize the form using the cursors on the form's perimeter to uncover these buttons, but oddly enough, the cursor "handles" don't show up, and hence, I can't resize the form to see the menu buttons.

So, I haven't been able to fully test craxtion 4.  I'm still using craxtion 3.1 because of this issue.

Also, since we're on the topic of craxtion's abilities, I've tried  to make multi-game isos (on crax 3.1), and I have a question on how to burn craxtion's iso images.  I use nero 6.3 burning rom to burn iso images on DVD-R.  I go into nero burning rom, then i use the "open compilation" icon to locate the mult-game iso made by craxtion, and then I hit the "burn" icon.  A popup form comes up (with something like burn DVD image in the top left corner of the form), and I hit "burn" to burn the iso, but my XBOX dvd-rom drive still can't read the newly-burned iso.

Questions:

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a limit to the number of games I can backup to one DVD-R (I tried to put 5 games on one DVD-R; below 4 gigs)?  

Also, which menu system works best?  For my compiliations, I used MXM.  

Have I misconfigured nero, or is my burning procedure just downright incorrect?  

Is my choice of media bad?  I have a tendency to use memorex 1-4x DVD-R's.  Are there more suitable ones out there?

Is it time for me to adjust the potentiometer on my xbox dvd-rom drive (Samsung)?

Specs for consideration:

My PC:

Win XP Home with all updates (including .net support)
P4 2.0 GHz; Nvidia gforce 4 go; 512MB; dx9; toshiba dvd+/- writer; nero 6.3

XBOX:

xecuter 2.3bpro with 4977 FC bios with 137GB support
evox version provided by slayer's autoinstaller;
samsung DVD-ROM drive

Well, that's about all.  Sorry for the long message, but im really in a bind.  Thanks, and I'll be grateful for any help.

You might just have to change your screen resolution to a large one as I have had complaints about this before.  I have to put in resizable windows as I now know because not all people use 1024X768 or above.

If you want to burn an XBOX ISO please simply open Nero goto File-->Burn Image and select the .iso and click burn.  Do not change any settings.  There is no game limit on a multigame either.

lookformeb

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

blink.gif

Joke...

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »

wink.gif

feflicker

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2004, 11:21:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

As this thread was created to field comments on the new release, let me chime in:

=================================================
I think the new release is great, it looks nice, etc, but the first thing I noticed when you guys started working on CraXtion 4 was this shift that it had to be a "one-stop" application for everything Xbox. While this is nice, and I am sure lots of people love all the new features, I *personally* loved the simplicity of CraXtion being a batch-mode ISO Creation/Extraction tool. With that being said, there is no harm in there being features of the program that I personally will never use - I am sure others love all that new stuff love.gif

The main thing that surprised me was that you can no longer use GDFImage.exe with CraXtion. I am sure the ISO engine you guys built is better in a 1000 ways (as I am sure you have evidence to contend, just like the Qwix guys...), but there are a few of us out there who liked using the "official but unofficial" binary that came from MS$. (I know, I know, GDFImage was only used by early devs, and is not the tool used for production discs, etc, no need to go into that spiel!) No harm here however, I can always stick with 3.1 for my GDFImage fix! (It would be nice to see this flexibility come back someday though...)

The next thing that this app really needed was the ability to set a "favorite" directory. Meaning, don't rely on the common control dialog to remember the "previous" directory, but give the user the option to "force" the start directory. This is especially useful when you have a drive or folder that you always use for creating/extracting ISO's, and you want the dialogs to *always* start in that spot (instead of at the "My Computer" top level, or whatever the previous directory used by MS$ Common Dialog was) In this version this has actually gotten worse, since you are using multiple "browse for file/folder" methods. You can select an ISO in one, and then a new dialog comes up and is in some other directory altogether. It just makes for a lot more clicking/browsing when you are trying to do things in a "batch".

DoEvents: I think you could DoEvents a bit more. When working, CraXtion hardly ever repaints the screen. It makes it appear that it is hanging or something... I haven't worked much in .Net, but I am sure you can do a refresh or something else to help too. Just a thought, as it is only aesthetic at this point. Basically, I extracted a few ISO's and never saw the progress meter again as I moved to another window and then came back to see a big white square sad.gif

The other thing I feel it really needs is the ability for CraXtion to create a directory on the fly when extracting ISO's. It would be cool if it pulled the title out of the XBE and just created a directory (instead of browsing, selecting/creating/etc). Of course you would need to set the top-level directory first, maybe the aforementioned "favorites" directory? It could be a "preference"  biggrin.gif It would be nice to just select a group of ISO's, choose a top-level directory, and then click "Extract" and walk away. (I am referring to extract-to-folder only of course)

Also, I don't remember the installer prompting me for the install directory? Did I just miss that? I would have liked to choose a different directory, one that has all my other Xbox tools, but that isn't that big of a deal (I just don't generally install things on my C:\\ - That drive is set aside for OS only...)

Would I be way out of line asking for the source to version 3.1? There were only a few minor things that I wanted fixed in that release, and I could just do it myself if you guys are pinched for time with version 4 or simply don't plan on maintaining version 3.1 in any way...

Things I would like to fix in 3.1:
- I would like to make the patch status window (listview?) system_modal (so the application_modal completion msgbox doesn't hide it 90% of the time, blocking the results of the patch operation)

- Fix BrowseForFile/Folder (Add a favorite dir, as I mentioned above).

- Place the Media Patch logic in an external INI/XML. That way as new patches come out I could just update the file, no need to recompile. (like a "default.acl")

- Batch Extract - Auto Create Directories: As I mentioned above.

- Batch Create - Auto Name ISO's: Same thing as Batch Extract, but in reverse  biggrin.gif

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind helping with the CraXtion 4 project to add these features, but I am sure that you guys prolly don't want to let someone else in the loop just to add a few minor things like this...

I hope you don't see my ideas/suggestions negatively. I really love CraXtion and have championed it for quite some time. I guess I simply want to see it more "batch" friendly, and save people even more precious time.  beerchug.gif

Keep up the good work guys, this looks impressive, especially next to the Alpha release that I helped test for you. I will send a donation over soon  biggrin.gif
=================================================

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (fedge @ Jun 27 2004, 11:25 PM)

I didn't add file type .wmv as an option for CDX Media files as I read that CDX does not support WMV and when i tested WMV it din't work.  THe only video types that CDX plays (as far as I know) are XMV and BIK.

Oh, ok thanks, I thought that i'd read only wmv 8 worked like with MXM, I will go and read and find out if this is the case.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (eugenile @ Jun 28 2004, 03:06 AM)
craxtion4 is great! i just wanted to give u guys mad recognition on this program.. it seems very complete and refined.. keep up the good work..

Yes, agreed.  Great job, and I love the new look.  Keep it up guys!

elec_tech

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

rabbitstroker

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2004, 07:08:00 AM »

can craxtion 4 patch the fatx media flag?
i tried patching the suffering, but when i loaded it onto my box it still did'nt work.
well can it or can't it?
be thankfull if you could let me know
ps
craxtion 4 looks good.

noberto

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »

Okay...I posted quite a while back what I thought was a "bug" in this release, and I believe leppper mentioned that in order to rid myself of the wierd "tile" effect of the background graphics I should increase my resolution to 1284 x ... or higher.

Turns out that when I initially installed craxtion 4, I was already running at 1600 x ... and that I still noticed the weird tile effect.  I tried the 1284 x ... configuration and I still see the tile effect.  As a result, I still cannot see the "next", "cancel" or "ok" buttons necessary to execute the program.

I know now that I can't use craxtion 4 until there's a new release that will support resizeable windows and forms.  Please consider this in the next release, as a lot of people I know have raved about crax 4's multi-game iso capability.  I'd really love to try out craxtion 4 once and for all for myself...

Thanks and I shall be grateful for any reply.

Label2021

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2004, 11:45:00 PM »

wink.gif

~Label

Chancer

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2004, 03:18:00 AM »

.NET Framework installed on my pc
but when i try to open craxtion i get this message:

I re-installed .net framework. But remove Crax4 first. Then re-install craxtion 4 after you installed net framework and re-booted.
Works fantastic and the FTP feature is just the greatest thing.
One program for everything
I would like to say thanks fantastic

elec_tech

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (noberto @ Jul 1 2004, 02:02 AM)
Okay...I posted quite a while back what I thought was a "bug" in this release, and I believe leppper mentioned that in order to rid myself of the wierd "tile" effect of the background graphics I should increase my resolution to 1284 x ... or higher.

Turns out that when I initially installed craxtion 4, I was already running at 1600 x ... and that I still noticed the weird tile effect.  I tried the 1284 x ... configuration and I still see the tile effect.  As a result, I still cannot see the "next", "cancel" or "ok" buttons necessary to execute the program.

I know now that I can't use craxtion 4 until there's a new release that will support resizeable windows and forms.  Please consider this in the next release, as a lot of people I know have raved about crax 4's multi-game iso capability.  I'd really love to try out craxtion 4 once and for all for myself...

Thanks and I shall be grateful for any reply.

I have the same problem.  ATI radeon 64 meg card at 1280 X 1024.

kody

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2004, 04:24:00 AM »

Access to File: .... was denied by the OS! ISO Creation Aborted

Anyone else been getting this and know how to fix it?

Yeah i have been getting the same error message, has been on 3 different xbox games now

rallysport 2
world championship snooker
dead or alive beach volley ball

The exact message that i have been getting is

Access to file: C:\xbox\doa\mv_op.sfd was denied by the OS! ISO Creation aborted

I am using xp pro

If anybody knows what might be happening it would be greatly appreciated

many thanks
kody

jcupp114

• Archived User
Craxtion - Version 4.0.0
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

A little help please. Im trying to use craxtion4 for iso backups with the UDE. Does craxtion sign the xbe right when using the UDE package? Now i ftp the game from xbox to pc and craxtion it then burn iso with nero. Now in nero in the advanced end, I use iso1 with no multisession and burn.
Is this right? Please reply.
Or is there an easier way of burn iso's with the UDE installed.
Thank you for your time

Jcupp114
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12