xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Generate Xbmp .cut And .tbn Files  (Read 33 times)

san9jay

• Archived User
Generate Xbmp .cut And .tbn Files
« on: October 26, 2003, 02:37:00 AM »

Avalaunch does an excellent job of scanning the HD and showing the available games and their icons. Unfortunately XBMP doesnt do such a great job of this same feature. The Flatten program hierarchy feature of XBMP is very slow and hence I use a directory containing shortcuts for all available programs and games that get displayed in XBMP.

It would be great in Avalaunch to be able to generate XBMP compatable .cut and .tbn files in a folder of my choice so that I can use Avalaunch to scan and generate these shortcuts which will be picked up and displayed by XBMP when I use XBMP.

Gilrim

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 11:47:00 PM »

how 'bout letting the xbmc guys take care of their messy code, and let ava team focus on getting thir 2do list done? This isn't a flame; just trying to let you know that this question should be posted in the XBMP/C forums, addressed to those programmers. It's not like team ava have to little on their hands...

blackXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 12:08:00 AM »

I can understand your sentiments, Gilrim. I mean, what are you thinking san9jay? You're asking team AVA to create a tool so your fav dash (looks at sig) will look and function better? There's a thread for XBMP/XBMC and the dev's are still working on it. It's not like they created XBMP/XBMC and left it alone. Please ask the proper question at the proper forum. It's very hard to code, never mind it being free, but asking them to do something that's not even Avalaunch related is a bit too much, don't you think?

Peace!!!