xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch 0.48 Bug?  (Read 34 times)

Zerach

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48 Bug?
« on: October 25, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »

I'm having some problems setting up avalaunch.  I've read the manual all the faqs and everything else and I'm not sure why this does not work:

FTP works,  but nothing else network related; qwix download, rss,apod, dash updates.

Here's what I've tried.

Originally problem I got was that my network settings in the config were messed up somehow and I got 'err' next to my network IP address in the main menu section.  I fixed this by using avaxml and a new config file.  

Here are my network settings:

IP=216.232.119.xx
Subnet=255.255.255.252.0
Gateway=216.232.116.254
DNS1 207.102.99.66
DNS2 207.102.99.82

Bios Evox M7
launching from Evox 3921 dash
Xbox V1.1

I've heard suggestions of disabling lba48 but I'm not sure what the problems are around that setting (mostly bootup problems?) and another comment about lba48 working.

Any suggestions?  I thought it might be DNS but it doesn't seem to be I've tried 4/4 of my DNS's in different combinations, same outcome.

Zerach

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48 Bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

oh if it were only that simple....no it was a typo in my e-mail got a little too carried away with my 255's.  The subnet mask is 255.255.252.0

This is where my problem is confusing.  I can get to it via the personal PC but not out to the internet, now this could also be something with my network provider, but they are virtually useless to talk to.

Zerach

• Archived User
Avalaunch 0.48 Bug?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 07:20:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

I will be contacting my provider which states how easy it is to get DHCP, well I'm not getting it, so I'm hardcoding the static settings in there to get the desired effect.

Which obviously is not working.

And to clarify, this is the first time I've attempted to do anything outside my LAN (i.e. access the internet with avalaunch).  

I should probably change my title of the posting as well, it's not a bug at all.

I'm only finding this out recently so I appologize for anyone looking at my post saying "you little.....#&U@" anyways I'll end this thread now.