xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: .48 / Multigame Dvd's / ?  (Read 193 times)

Gilrim

• Archived User
.48 / Multigame Dvd's / ?
« on: October 16, 2003, 10:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (badmonkey @ Oct 16 2003, 04:19 PM)
Mine are just games in directories on a DVD, no xbe in the root. When I click on the DVD icon, I get nothing, but the disc is viewable in file manager. It also will list the games if I specify the path d: in a menu list.

guess tj's got to make it scan two directorys down then tongue.gif

ylsf

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 03:14:00 PM »

Just to let you know,  I tested the avalaunch multi-game disc with one of the DVDs I had.  I was made using Craxtion (using the MXM add-on found there).  When I hit "A" on the when the "disc" icon is selected it shows the 3 games listed as well as a listing for MXM.  Seems to work ok.  I haven't actually tried burning a dvd with just 3 game folders though directly (i.e. without making an ISO out of them) as you seem to have done.

I would also like to here of other experiences...

MXM is pretty neat, but for me, i prefer the simple game listing menu system like avalaunch (must faster load times of discs I find as well).

badmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »

^^^^^^^

Not familiar with MXM.

If I were to make a multigame disc with that, would it boot the disc if I hit reset or power on?

The reason I have mine setup as they are, is so that the Xbox does not boot the DVD when I reset.

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 05:04:00 PM »

A mxm multigame disc runs a mxm dash off the disc allowing you to launch the games from there. I make all my multi disc games this way using Craxtion, and have never had a problem.

r0wdy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 09:12:00 PM »

Well the answer would be right now it will play your multi game disks from the file manager. We have also uploaded to normal site a AvalaunchMultiGameDisk0_48.rar that will boot and play mutiple games off of it.  You just add game dir in the GAMES dir off the root.

Example

d:\GAMES\NBAJAM2004

Avalaunch will display the game icons and you can download saves and play the games right from the disk.

thanks
r0wdy
Team Avalaunch

ps. Upload that skin you showed.

(edit: just helped out with a few backslashes biggrin.gif)

wmadoss

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 11:45:00 PM »

Or if u just throw in any default.xbe in the root of the DVD it will work.

My menux multimenu dvd´s shows up fine when I selcet the disc in ava.

badmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 04:59:00 AM »

For now I am just going to be left out of the nifty little multigame disc fieature.

Putting a default.xbe in the root of my disc would defeat the purpose in making em the way I do.

Oh well... Maybe in the next version. wink.gif

As it stands I do have my games list set to scan the D:/, so I can still read boot the games that way. All it needs is a little reboot when I put a new disc in. No different than what I had to do with Evox, so not that big a deal. Plus there was the great suggestion of the filemanager, which I am guessing wouldn't require me to reboot, so...

Thanks for the help everyone.

PS - The skin I showed will be upped some time today. I am doing a little more work to it.

-Gadget-

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »

it was able to do this in previous versions to ..
or am i missing summit here !?

Mick ..

badmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 03:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (-Gadget- @ Oct 19 2003, 05:14 PM)
it was able to do this in previous versions to ..
or am i missing summit here !?

Mick ..

I dunno if it was able to do this in prior versions, but the latest version specifies it as a new feature, so I'm guessing not.

Either way, it apparently doesn't work unless you have a menu executable in the root of the disc in the first place. sad.gif

It would be nice, if no executable was found in the root, to have a second level scan for xbe's, and then list those. Like I said... Maybe in the next version. smile.gif

Hexosys

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

I'm supposed I'm screwed here and it may be a dumb question....  I have been using X-Menu for multi-game dvds. In my situation it means I may have 2 or 3 .xbe files in the root of the DVD

for example;

byw.xbe (Backyard Wrestling)
hm.xbe (Haunted Mansion)
wu.xbe (Wakeboarding Unleashed)
default.xbe (X-Menu)

and so on..

Am I wrong or is Ava just looking for default.xbe as opposed to all xbe's? Everytime I insert a DVD in the format mentioned above, I click on the DVD pic and XMenu starts, I get no game list at all sad.gif

Would it be possible to introduce a xml setting to 'scan for all xbe's'?

thanks!

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hexosys @ Oct 19 2003, 08:39 PM)
I'm supposed I'm screwed here and it may be a dumb question....  I have been using X-Menu for multi-game dvds. In my situation it means I may have 2 or 3 .xbe files in the root of the DVD

for example;

byw.xbe (Backyard Wrestling)
hm.xbe (Haunted Mansion)
wu.xbe (Wakeboarding Unleashed)
default.xbe (X-Menu)

and so on..

Am I wrong or is Ava just looking for default.xbe as opposed to all xbe's? Everytime I insert a DVD in the format mentioned above, I click on the DVD pic and XMenu starts, I get no game list at all sad.gif

Would it be possible to introduce a xml setting to 'scan for all xbe's'?

thanks!

hrm...I dont think its a good idea to ever just mesh all that stuff all together...

it makes more sense to have a game like:

d:|default.xbe
d:|avalaunch.xbe
d:|media
d:|games|game1
d:|games|game2

this is pretty much the "standard" for a multi game disc, and if you created them otherwise, dont be surprised if later your games can only be launched via a file manager...

Hexosys

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »

yeah, maybe... but I'm pretty careful about what I merge. Before merging them I take a directory listing of the files in a game so I can restore them at a later stage.

also, some games have 1 default.xbe and 1 media folder, theres no problem merging games in this case.

The whole reason I did this is there appears to be no other way with X-menu, all games must be in the root. Has anyone had success with X-menu where the games arent in the root?

thanks for the reply.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hexosys @ Oct 20 2003, 03:15 PM)
yeah, maybe... but I'm pretty careful about what I merge. Before merging them I take a directory listing of the files in a game so I can restore them at a later stage.

also, some games have 1 default.xbe and 1 media folder, theres no problem merging games in this case.

The whole reason I did this is there appears to be no other way with X-menu, all games must be in the root. Has anyone had success with X-menu where the games arent in the root?

thanks for the reply.

not true, try craxtion out, it doesnt put the games at the root.

-Gadget-

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2003, 03:25:00 PM »

i had multiple game disc's working on the older (4.7)
u use N:
So it just Auto adds anything on the DVD (as N: driver refer's to teh dvd drive)
just like u would do for say for example E:HDD_loader

Mick ...

badmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2003, 03:35:00 PM »

Yeah, I have no problem accessing the games on the multidisc. I do have a sub list in my games list to scan the inserted disc, but it does not refresh when a new disc is put in.

I like the idea of being able to just click on the DVD icon and getting the list.
Pages: [1] 2