xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Defrag + Chkdsk ?  (Read 234 times)

Ces2k3

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2003, 08:55:00 PM »

ok so   my post is comming true, but if they can make one for   this why not on evox ?

TwisTz

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2003, 09:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ces2k3 @ Jun 6 2003, 05:55 AM)
ok so   my post is comming true, but if they can make one for   this why not on evox ?

because evox is teh suck  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Gilrim

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Allen626 @ Jun 6 2003, 05:35 AM)
sounds awsome,  Im afraid to leave any system on overnight and if i want to defrag a big hard drive i will have to is leaving it on overnight a bad thing?

yes. that's why web-sites is down all the time, as their sysop's are aferaid to leave the servers online overnight.

d'uh

Lsd

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

hats off to you guys for listening to the people... its nice to see somebody taking the time and effort to improve our modified xbox lives...  

the joker

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »

wink.gif

don't worry.  ain't gonna release anything that would mess up everything without carefully testing on our xbox'es.

Morglum

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2003, 11:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (Allen626 @ Jun 6 2003, 05:35 AM)
sounds awsome,  Im afraid to leave any system on overnight and if i want to defrag a big hard drive i will have to is leaving it on overnight a bad thing?

You wouldnt be able to leave your xbox on overnight anyways, it turns itself off after 6hrs inactivity. I dont quite remember, but i seem to think it can be changed from the dash settings, im sure i saw it, though i might be totally wrong and just remembering shit i invented in my mind  laugh.gif

the joker

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2003, 12:41:00 AM »

you'd give up progress for a skin ? =)
the thing is that for every new feature we get - people want it as an app on its own. We are developers of ava and we're alpha - which means we're really too busy to make 5-6 other apps to top it off =)

We make avalaunch, we'll probably release the code to do individual code later on so evo-x and such can implement their own/or we'd make a standalone.

but with the features we'll be making now - we'll be making a lot of standalones eventually   hehehe

Heet

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2003, 06:54:00 AM »

If it is too dificult to add a defrag to the xbox hd, would there be a way just to utilize the computer defragger and have it defrag the xbox hd as an extension?  Have the computer defrag it as a slave drive? Its just an idea and I have absolutely no idea if it could work like this, but im just thinking since our computers come with this software, maybe we could just extend it to the xbox.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »

This is a feature that has been requested since the first day swapped hdd's started being dropped into modded xbox's... Much respect to the Avalaunch crew on their innovations... And, fyi, to the idiot that said evo-x is t he suck... Don't forget who started the dash scene while you lil bitches were begging your modders to mod your boxes with the mrsporty bios, just so you could copy games.. Dash, hdd replacement, ftping into xbox, all this was created by the evo-x team, have a little respect.

LumbraX

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2003, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (WiKKiD @ Jun 6 2003, 04:49 PM)
And, fyi, to the idiot that said evo-x is t he suck... Don't forget who started the dash scene while you lil bitches were begging your modders to mod your boxes with the mrsporty bios, just so you could copy games.. Dash, hdd replacement, ftping into xbox, all this was created by the evo-x team, have a little respect.

Yup, so TwisTZ should go learn some of Xbox's History before he speaks again.  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

(If anyone here is gonna bitch about EvoX, they shouldnt have a replaced HD, Backedup games, or a Replacement Dashboard) Idiots these days....

explicitlyrics100

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

yeh evox really do deserve a hell of a lotta respect for all their work - and now they are slowing down it seems right that other people should take over.  However with a new 120gb hard disk creating lots of heat and then defragging it may make even more heat inside im wondering if it truly is a brilliant idea.  i know 5400 ones can even get hot after about 6hours of running!  also yes you can turn auto-off off in the msdash.  just go into settings and its below the video and audio setting.  Chris

the joker

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

auto adjustment of the fan sounds fun ?

StOnD

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »

AWESOME!!!
I'm really excited to hear someone is finally working on this.

I have one request for this defragger though. Please make an option to have it arrange files by directory structure. I know it will take a while but it makes for the best optimization.

It may also be a good idea to monitor temperatures, and make an automatic pause if the xbox gets too hot. S.M.A.R.T. temp monitoring on the hard drive would also be great if you can do that.

the joker

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2003, 04:32:00 AM »

hehehe, it'll be as reliable as the one on your pc.  ever turned off the PC while defragging ?

TwisTz

• Archived User
Defrag + Chkdsk ?
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2003, 06:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (WiKKiD @ Jun 6 2003, 05:49 PM)
This is a feature that has been requested since the first day swapped hdd's started being dropped into modded xbox's... Much respect to the Avalaunch crew on their innovations... And, fyi, to the idiot that said evo-x is t he suck... Don't forget who started the dash scene while you lil bitches were begging your modders to mod your boxes with the mrsporty bios, just so you could copy games.. Dash, hdd replacement, ftping into xbox, all this was created by the evo-x team, have a little respect.

haha lol calm down dude I was only joking =P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5