xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch  (Read 134 times)

V1510N

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« on: April 24, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »

im using an USB microsft keyboard, it works great.

>lys<

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »

The Happy Hacking USB keyboards, iMac keyboards and most (all?) MS keyboards work.

I'll try to make a compatibility list eventually. So please tell us your experiences with different brands/models!

nazis X.

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 10:25:00 PM »

Does it have a USB port on it, so you can use it to daisy-chain another USB device to it? If so, that's your problem.... it's acting as a USB Hub, as well as a keyboard, and the XBox USB ports do NOT accept any USB Hub besides the one built into the XBox controllers (that's what the Memory card slots are.... USB with a non-standard port).

>lys<

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 10:29:00 PM »

Does it have a USB port on it, so you can use it to daisy-chain another USB device to it? If so, that's your problem.... it's acting as a USB Hub, as well as a keyboard, and the XBox USB ports do NOT accept any USB Hub besides the one built into the XBox controllers (that's what the Memory card slots are.... USB with a non-standard port).

That's not ENTIRELY true... My iMac keyboard works fine, and it has a 2-port hub built-in.

I guess the best way to find out what works is by trial and error. Help us out please smile.gif

nazis X.

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (>lys< @ Apr 25 2003, 06:29 AM)

That's not ENTIRELY true... My iMac keyboard works fine, and it has a 2-port hub built-in.

I guess the best way to find out what works is by trial and error. Help us out please smile.gif

Wow, that's fucking awsome. Maybe it works for anything that has a 2-port Hub builtin, and no more? I don't know, I haven't really experimented with it, but the common rule of thumb was previously that absolutely NO Hub beyond the XBox controller would work.
I'll note this in my mental banks, tho.... thanks for the info.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 11:32:00 AM »

heh i dont think anyone has a problem making it connect to the xbox, avalaunch just dosent take all usb keyboards, mine being one of them

IceBerg

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 12:56:00 PM »

I am using the phantasy star online keyboard adapter and currently it works with my logitech, but I have 0.39 of avalaunch and it crashes like crazy.  I'll try the new .40c and see what happens.  I sent joker a detailed list to his email on the crusaders site.  I sent it to him as all the images and stuff were in his dir.

I'll keep everyone informed on my findings.