xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Put Your Ideas Here Forward To The Team  (Read 1635 times)

Needless

• Archived User
Put Your Ideas Here Forward To The Team
« on: February 11, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

how about confirming launched games? it's kinda annoying when you accidently click "a" button in the game menu, so a "are you sure you want to launch X?" would be great, and it should be quick to click a again to launch it

pcween

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

how about a progress bar for skin downloading?

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »

I couldn't read this whole thread but here's what i'd like to see ...
1. better shoutcast management.  click left thumbstick and get a menu where you can select genre folders (like in xbmp) and then pick the sc file to play. Ability to name the links and see that name.  Set different ones to play at different times via xml configuration.  
2. rss news feed options... different ones at different times, labeling them, having two going at the same time in two rows and being able to set the scroll speed.
3. ability to disable features... like what if i don't want ava to ever touch my fan speed cause i want to use the setting from the bios.

Romperstomper

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »

I would like to see an option to switch the skin automatically each time Avalaunch is loaded.

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 09:02:00 AM »

I really like the weather function in XBMC.  I pulls up your current weather and, I think, the 3 day forcast (from weather.com).  It also displays the all the icons for sunny, partly sunny, etc...   That might be a neat feature to add to Ava, though there are others that are more worthy of effort first.

dr.no

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2004, 04:51:00 AM »

Option to set the "avalaunch_icon.png" as default, so that it won't show the picture embedded in the xbe.

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2004, 07:24:00 AM »

Option to set the "avalaunch_icon.png" as default, so that it won't show the picture embedded in the xbe.

I think that option already exists.  Find this line in the Avalaunch.xml file:
<icons display="1" rotate="1" override="2"/>

Make sure override is set to "2".  This is the "always override" setting where the "avalaunch_icon.png" will always be used over the embedded picture.

Zappo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

Something very simple:

In V.0.48.6 shoutcast only plays, when using the "auto" function. Put back the left-thumbstick start for shoutcast, even if it's not auto...

And as suggested before from me (and other): Deleting a directory with TotalCommander on FTP doesn't work. TotalCommander is a very handsome tool and I want to keep it for FTPing Avalaunch and in any other known to me FTP deltree works fine - just not in Avalaunch. Maybe it's just a small bug!?

And bring back in a "special user edition" (?) the video-mode-switching, I will try it again: I now have a V.1.1 XBOX and a Cromwell-Bios for reprogramming the EEPROM in backup.

moobar

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2004, 05:04:00 AM »

wink.gif  Heh, they do have a C:\xodash\media folder  dry.gif Its only  matter of time I guess.

May I suggest then a "avalaunchdash" folder to house all needed files.

Bulan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2004, 12:43:00 AM »

Having som folders where theres LOTS of Games/Emus ot whatever, and goinig to the last item in the list is really a b**ch..

So a small but VERY good feature to do!
Use the Left/Right triggers on controller to scroll in menus.

Either jump a whole page up/down, or just speed up the scrolling.

Think I would prefer the page jump method.

gwailo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2004, 02:01:00 AM »

Hi. Lots of nice ideas here. I like that mrRobinson wrote about shoutcast menu. But I would like avalunch to handle .pls files directly. Its a bit easier for everyone. Just be able to download it from shotcast.com and put it on the xbox directly. and it can change server to the one working. If they have more then one server for that stream.

Or make Avalunch able to handle shoutcast streems that end with the port nr only.

Great work team avalunch. Keep up the good work. We sure love you mates

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

Here is a general feature request for all other feature requests...

For any feature where applicable, have an xml tag be able to be used for it where you can set enabled=0,1.  This way if someone doesn't like the feature they can set it to zero and be done with it...

For example:
<acam enabled=0>
<rssfeed enabled=0>
<flashbios enabled=0>
<writableeprom enabled=0>
<ftpserver enabled=0>

etc, etc.

This might be a bitch to implement for every little thing but you get the point.  I think configurability (is that a word?) is key...

RadiatedAnt

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

smile.gif Dont forget to add stop/ change track settings for use with the a usb keyboard beerchug.gif

Jnadke

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

Ok... here's a pretty basic one, but Avalaunch needs it...

How about cold Reboot?

Not just a restart as currently implemented (just reloads avalaunch).  A reboot feature like in XBMC.  It turns off your xbox and turns it back on.

You could probabaly ask the XBMC guys how they do it.  I bet it wouldn't take that long to implement...

Comes in handy for those of us with the Xenium modchip.  Then I don't have to physically get up everytime I want to load a different BIOS.  Can be cumbersome for testing.

Although basic... it's probabaly one of the most important and overlooked features needed.

>lys<

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (mrRobinson @ Feb 17 2004, 05:59 AM)
Here is a general feature request for all other feature requests...

For any feature where applicable, have an xml tag be able to be used for it where you can set enabled=0,1.  This way if someone doesn't like the feature they can set it to zero and be done with it...

For example:
<acam enabled=0>
<rssfeed enabled=0>
<flashbios enabled=0>
<writableeprom enabled=0>
<ftpserver enabled=0>

etc, etc.

This might be a bitch to implement for every little thing but you get the point.  I think configurability (is that a word?) is key...

Yeah that's a pretty good idea. I guess this format would be better suited though:

<feature name="rssfeed" enabled>
<feature name="acam" disabled>
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16