xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Semi-noob Question  (Read 149 times)

rahula

• Archived User
Semi-noob Question
« on: June 24, 2003, 06:44:00 PM »

there you go. This one is wire sticking out guide
http://www.xbox-scen...s/externhdd.php
if you want, you can remove the case cover and add HDD on top of original HDD too.

niwi7

• Archived User
Semi-noob Question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 05:18:00 AM »

also how do u choose which HDD to boot from? lol whos that guy who made that guide...its very confusing

rahula

• Archived User
Semi-noob Question
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 10:20:00 AM »

ohmy.gif  
The one that has xbox.xbe or evoxdash will boot. Genrally Xbox will take first 8G and use for C and E. F will be the rest. then x,y,Z etc.  Most IDE cable have two to three device connect plug, so I guess he used two connect. Just put the HDD jumper cable select and pulg another HDD external.

goldenchild

• Archived User
Semi-noob Question
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

the ide channel will only support two ide decives hooked up and powered on at a single time.makeing your hdd external is just so it can be easy to switch your hard drive manually.the project 411 gb explained it pretty good i thought.you can have multiple devices hooked up to your ide wire but only two can be powered on at a single time.alls the switch does is divert the power from one over to the other.Thats what i got out of it anyway hooking up the switch is another story im not to good with electronics so i don't know all that talk about the multimeter and testing it ect.Has far has booting up i'm shure he probably has to have his C + E backup copied on each drive.

niwi7

• Archived User
Semi-noob Question
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 04:26:00 PM »

ok so ur saying install some kinda switch to switch back and forth from the internal HDD and external HDD and have the same c and e drives (evox) on both and just remember what games and stuff u have on each

sounds good

where can i get a switch like this?" can sum1 link me up?

niwi7

• Archived User
Semi-noob Question
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 03:19:00 AM »

any1?

sirotz

• Archived User
Semi-noob Question
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »

I don't know if this was linked befor but this tells you everything!!!!http://208.34.209.68/411gb/411gb.htm
As for the switch.  He used a rotary switch(like a radio dial) he got from FRy's electronics.  Now depending on where you live(my mom in arizona has a frys but here in illinois we dont)  I would opt to get one at radio shack.

RinGz

• Archived User
Semi-noob Question
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 11:16:00 AM »

lol, uh, check the Project 411GB website... jk