xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Noob Guide To Trainers  (Read 1630 times)

swifferman

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »

bah
this is bull.  I don't have a trainers menu.  I'll go see how hard it is to update evox.

The one found on the evox page is a .emt and everyones saying replace the .xbe, well, where the hell is the xbe in the trainers :(?

Sadness :(

majik655

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (swifferman @ Mar 18 2004, 07:41 AM)
bah
this is bull.  I don't have a trainers menu.  I'll go see how hard it is to update evox.

The one found on the evox page is a .emt and everyones saying replace the .xbe, well, where the hell is the xbe in the trainers sad.gif?

Sadness sad.gif

First there are 2 types of trainers being released.

Main stream trainers .. meaning REPLACING the XBE file ..
naming the trainer xbe file to default.xbe and RENAMING the game default.xbe to GAME.xbe ..

the second are EVOX TRAINERS ...(.ETM files) these trainers are to work ONLY with evox..and that is it.   The newer versions of evox IF taken from the source..will have a Trainers folder on c:  and a place in the ini file pointing to trainers..so it will show up in the menu... then select the option in the evox menu and it will list the .etm files you put in the trainers folder on the c:

Now there are good and bad things about the 2...

The mainstream ones you need to rename.. are cool.. but you must..
modify...and also alot of times because you rename the trainer to DEFAULT.XBE ..
dashboards look at this file for the NAME of the game... and will populate it in their games listing... however lets say DNL released the trainer.. it may say DNL GAMENAME TRAINER ...   instead of just GAMENAME   this may make you want to change the name of the trainer so that it will show the correct game name...etc etc.,.that is more modifying.

Evox.. on the other hand seems to give people problems.. with IGR ..TSR .. and different bios's being run...also it MAKES you HAVE to use evox as a dashboard to even run the trainer.  the other ones will allow you to use ANY dashboard.

Now alot of people have or had problems running the etm files..including myself..
but I got them to work fine..
so here is what made mine work.. NO OTHER OPTION works for me besides these..

ASSUMING YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THE CORRECT TRAINER BASED ON THE REGION OF THE GAME YOU ARE USING IT ON!!!   meaning PAL trainer on PAL game NTSC on NTSC!!  THIS IS A MUST!  and is probably HALF of peoples problems.

Version 1.0
x2 4981 Bios TSOP FLASHED

evox 3935
TSR - NORMAL (I HAD TO TURN TO NORMAL I think it was off before)
IGR OFF (very wierd I assumed it needed to be on BUT MY BIOS HAS IT!
so I believe there was a conflict before when on.)

Hope this helps some people.

zoombee

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (majik655 @ Mar 20 2004, 07:10 AM)
QUOTE (swifferman @ Mar 18 2004, 07:41 AM)
bah
this is bull.  I don't have a trainers menu.  I'll go see how hard it is to update evox.

The one found on the evox page is a .emt and everyones saying replace the .xbe, well, where the hell is the xbe in the trainers sad.gif?

Sadness sad.gif

First there are 2 types of trainers being released.

Main stream trainers .. meaning REPLACING the XBE file ..
naming the trainer xbe file to default.xbe and RENAMING the game default.xbe to GAME.xbe ..

the second are EVOX TRAINERS ...(.ETM files) these trainers are to work ONLY with evox..and that is it.   The newer versions of evox IF taken from the source..will have a Trainers folder on c:  and a place in the ini file pointing to trainers..so it will show up in the menu... then select the option in the evox menu and it will list the .etm files you put in the trainers folder on the c:

Now there are good and bad things about the 2...

The mainstream ones you need to rename.. are cool.. but you must..
modify...and also alot of times because you rename the trainer to DEFAULT.XBE ..
dashboards look at this file for the NAME of the game... and will populate it in their games listing... however lets say DNL released the trainer.. it may say DNL GAMENAME TRAINER ...   instead of just GAMENAME   this may make you want to change the name of the trainer so that it will show the correct game name...etc etc.,.that is more modifying.

Evox.. on the other hand seems to give people problems.. with IGR ..TSR .. and different bios's being run...also it MAKES you HAVE to use evox as a dashboard to even run the trainer.  the other ones will allow you to use ANY dashboard.

Now alot of people have or had problems running the etm files..including myself..
but I got them to work fine..
so here is what made mine work.. NO OTHER OPTION works for me besides these..

ASSUMING YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THE CORRECT TRAINER BASED ON THE REGION OF THE GAME YOU ARE USING IT ON!!!   meaning PAL trainer on PAL game NTSC on NTSC!!  THIS IS A MUST!  and is probably HALF of peoples problems.

Version 1.0
x2 4981 Bios TSOP FLASHED

evox 3935
TSR - NORMAL (I HAD TO TURN TO NORMAL I think it was off before)
IGR OFF (very wierd I assumed it needed to be on BUT MY BIOS HAS IT!
so I believe there was a conflict before when on.)

Hope this helps some people.

i'm having the same bios & evox version as u..

doing the same thing even ntsc on ntsc doesn't work for me
IGR off or on doesn't make any difference either..its getting fustrating cos i'm stuck in ninja gaiden

majik655

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (zoombee @ Mar 20 2004, 07:40 AM)
i'm having the same bios & evox version as u..

doing the same thing even ntsc on ntsc doesn't work for me
IGR off or on doesn't make any difference either..its getting fustrating cos i'm stuck in ninja gaiden

Did EVOX even make a Ninja Gaiden trainer yet?  

Also.. your last thread points to I-NINJA   not ninja gaiden... (just making sure you are not thinking I-Ninja trainer is the Ninja Gaiden trainer)

i have tried the following settings as per users of various forums..

TSR = DEBUG
IGR = Yes
Game Region = 2 (as trainer is NTSC / US)

or

TSR = NORMAL
IGR = No
Game Region = 2

GAME REGION 2  ???   NTSC??  I believe NTSC is region 1  isn't it?
Just make sure your trainer is NTSC and your game region is the same.

I know there has been a "mainstream" one released where you rename the default.xbe file in the game to GAME and the trainer to default.xbe...

For those to work ...  turn IGR OFF and TSR off

Maybe that will help...

I really do not know why so many people have problems... I have done this to many many machines and don't have any problems anymore...pretty strange there are sooo many differences.

This post has been edited by majik655: Mar 20 2004, 02:45 PM

zoombee

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

sorry i meant the trainer for evox dashboard.
cannot seem to get that to work.

have u given it a try alreadY?

really been through so many possibilities still no good news....

majik655

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2004, 11:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (zoombee @ Mar 20 2004, 07:59 PM)
sorry i meant the trainer for evox dashboard.
cannot seem to get that to work.

have u given it a try alreadY?

really been through so many possibilities still no good news....

Well from what it looks like.. the trainer works but is I guess not as easy as just not dying..  you must use or buy unlimited elixor's  etc etc.. to stay alive.. however whatever you purchase you must have the correct amount of money .. you can just purchase unlimited amounts of it.

Next .. it seems it messes up the game in chapter 13 if you use 2 of the options together... also if you have already played to that point where you cannot go any further.. then you must start over from last save.

I have not tried this trainer yet.. because I do not have the patience to see if it is working.. I don't know anything about the game.. and since it is free money type of trainer .. it would probably take a little bit of playing to figure out if it is working.

I would try a "easier" game..  meaning one that has a trainer like Invincibility.. and just turn that option on.. and see if you can get it working.. on ONE game..
such as state of emergency..  if you get one working.. then ALL should work.. and if they do not, then you know it is the trainer and not your box.

whozyodaddy

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »

biggrin.gif for game region can i put AUTO or do i have to put NTSC? i tried it with DEFAULT and it did not work.

EDIT: yaayy! i put it on NTSC and it works now. biggrin.gif good job mate wink.gif

jedi745

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

does the fact that the games are on the hardrive have anything to do with the trainers? and what if im using THC as my dash and i go into evox from there to use the trainers, is that a problem?

Emt269

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2004, 08:08:00 PM »

<_<  I have just installed a new maxtor 200gb hard drive and have used slayers to install evox and reinstalled my c: and E: drive backups which had trainers in the listing before but now since I have done the upgrade and reinstalled the copied diretories and foldrs the way they were and to the same partition on the drive as before I now have no trainer tab to access them. They are in a folder on the c:\trainors just like always but can not access them. Help. Thanks

Argoyle

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »

you need to upgrade evox/add Item "Trainers",ID_trainer to evox.ini.

Now for my question.  All I see in the trainer option is "Sorry Trainers".  The evox readme does not cover this issue.  Do I need to upgrade my bios?

This post has been edited by Argoyle: May 5 2004, 01:51 AM

Argoyle

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2004, 05:12:00 AM »

bah nvm, I'm dumb.  I was supposed to put the trainers folder in C:/ but that was assuming that's where evox is, which it isn't for me.  I moved it to my evox folder and it worked. yay.

magemasher89

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »

i had the same damn problem for a some time now and i am following what you just did also.
i added a new folder called trainers and placed under c:. this is where the trainer.etm files go correct?

I am rebooting my xbox to seem if it takes affect. brb
ok after rebooting under my main menu i get Trainers, but accessing it displays nothing.

So i am at a stopping point and doing research on this.

any help would be great.

magemasher89

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

laugh.gif they are located down a ways on the trainers by pushing down on the dpad.
hidden so to speak but they are there.

biggrin.gif  beerchug.gif

snake3k1

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2004, 05:33:00 AM »

i just got thses trainers to work, TSR = normal, IGR = OFF, Region = Auto  

snake3k1

• Archived User
Noob Guide To Trainers
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2004, 04:59:00 AM »

i just found this good site for trainers.....

http://trainers.maxc.....Trainer Files
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9