xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Craxtion And Wolfenstein  (Read 77 times)

Aloha1688

• Archived User
Craxtion And Wolfenstein
« on: May 27, 2003, 06:32:00 PM »

I follow the steps to patch default.xbe with craxtion, but when its done, when i search default.xbe it found a another string and patch it again, everytime i do search it find a another one, i try to burn to dvd-r with the patched default.xbe, but it did not work. From what i know there should be only one string to patch in the default.xbe file. when i use adr-patcher 0.5 to patch the clean iso that i made, it says it can't find any strings to patch, and i try to patch the default.xbe only with adr, it says cannot find string

2 questions

1)do i need to patch default.xbe only, or patch all 4 xbe ??
2)any body have a working ppf patch file and send it to me ??

thanks in advance

Bearhug

• Archived User
Craxtion And Wolfenstein
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 08:16:00 PM »

Patch all 4 .xbe files....

The patch programs don't seem to find the .xbe in the live folder.. if you run it on the .ISO

I find it easiest to patch each .xbe individually then FTP back over the original file.

Aloha1688

• Archived User
Craxtion And Wolfenstein
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »

i did patch it using the iso file, but it didn't work, anyways i had to manually replace the strings using hex edit, now the game works :D , weird, this is the first game that didn't work with the patcher for me

Firebaall

• Archived User
Craxtion And Wolfenstein
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 12:05:00 AM »

I had to grab the updated Patch.data file for adr-patcher before it would find the hex string on Wolfenstein.

I think it's because the new shorter string can't be seen by the older patch programs.

All I did  was patch the single default.xbe, and it worked fine.

This post has been edited by Firebaall: May 28 2003, 07:07 AM