xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Enter The Matrix Etm To Dvd Back-up  (Read 79 times)

King

• Archived User
Enter The Matrix Etm To Dvd Back-up
« on: May 27, 2003, 03:51:00 AM »

There are a lot of posts and confusion of information in regard to backing up your original copy of ETM with mixes between NTSC, PAL, and people who obtained from other sources.

I have now made a working version of my PAL (AUS) original which is on 2 DVDs and includes all the movies on one or the other disc.

Before I start, I should say that the credit for this (and many thanks) go to DMagic1 who gave us the information needed to split the disc this way and without his posts I would have not been able to make this.

Basically, rather than splitting the 2 discs by character like some, this method retains all the movies.  You use Disc 1 to play up to about Level 6 and Disc 2 after this.  Theoretically, both will work all the way through, but Disc 1 has some movies replaced at the end and Disc 2 has some movies replaced at the beginning.  So by using the discs this way, you have all the movies without losing any and/or trying to overburn the DVD.

So, for PAL back-up to DVD, you need to do the following:

1 FTP the files from your original in the XBOX drive to your PC.  We will assume that you use “C:ETM”
2 Make another directory called “C:ETMMOVIES”
3 I moved the following movies from the directory “C:ETMMOVIESFMV” to C:ETMMOVIES to use later
g81_g.vidpal
g81_n.vidpal
g82_s.vidpal
g89_g.vidpal
g89_n.vidpal
4. Next I copied atari.vidpal from “C:ETMMOVIES” to “C:ETMMOVIESFMV” 5 times (one at a time) and renamed them to the 5 movies that I moved.
5. Next, patch the default.xbe using Craxton 2.1.
6. Then create an image (use your favourite program) of the directory “C:ETM” named like “c:etmd1.iso”.
7. Once the image is created, then move all the movies from “C:ETMMOVIES” back to the “C:ETMMOVIESFMV” directory overwriting the dummy ones that you made.
8. I then moved the following movies from the directory “C:ETMMOVIESFMV” to C:ETMMOVIES
g01_s.vidpal
g11_s.vidpal
g27_s.vidpal
g37_s.vidpal
g26_s.vidpal
9. Next I copied atari.vidpal from “C:ETMMOVIES” to “C:ETMMOVIESFMV” 5 times (one at a time) and renamed them to the 5 movies that I moved.
10. Then create an image (use your favourite program) of the directory “C:ETM” named like “c:etmd2.iso”.
11. Burn the images to DVD and voila you’re done.

NOTE:

You don’t need to patch the default.xbe again as it has already been patched.

You also, don’t need the fixes to be applied if you were going to run form the harddrive.  

Also, for the PAL version leave the movies called .vidpal and don’t rename them to .vid as you need to for the NTSC version.

You can play either character on either disk.  If anyone has any problems during the game, please post here.

My apologies for another post on ETM, but hopefully this will answer all PAL back-ups to DVD.

Bearhug

• Archived User
Enter The Matrix Etm To Dvd Back-up
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »

Prop's to King.

He helped me get mine to work.  It now works great.

:D  :D  :D