xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Enter The Matrix Backup  (Read 85 times)

skierdb526

• Archived User
Enter The Matrix Backup
« on: May 26, 2003, 12:57:00 AM »

i copied etm onto my hdd and to my suprise it worked perfectly without patches or anything special. i just load it up in avalaunch and it works like a charm. :D

Ps i have been passed the airport level(also works fine)

painless8000

• Archived User
Enter The Matrix Backup
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »

Pretty weird, maybe it is because of avalaunch, I have read somewhere that avalaunch doesn't have any problems with long characters.
Did you copied it from harddrive to xbox harddrive with ftp. Or just from de dvdrom to xboxharddrive?
Greetz
Painless

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Enter The Matrix Backup
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (painless8000 @ May 26 2003, 01:51 PM)
Pretty weird, maybe it is because of avalaunch, I have read somewhere that avalaunch doesn't have any problems with long characters.
Did you copied it from harddrive to xbox harddrive with ftp. Or just from de dvdrom to xboxharddrive?
Greetz
Painless

No.

Geez.... Avalaunch's "extended filenames gimmick" only works specifically for applications aware of it and looking up filenames in a table. The files still have short (42 character) filenames on the drive.

It **DOES NOT** work for commercial apps.

pilo18

• Archived User
Enter The Matrix Backup
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 12:38:00 PM »

My game worked too untill I got a little past the half way mark then POOF no audio. I just FTP the patched default file and everything worked.

the joker

• Archived User
Enter The Matrix Backup
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 05:17:00 AM »

as BJ said. Avalaunch is not interested in "cracking" the long filename stuff in games, we are making this for the good use of homebrews, and homebrew will in the long run be able to take this database into use easily.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Enter The Matrix Backup
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (the joker @ May 27 2003, 08:06 AM)
as BJ said. Avalaunch is not interested in "cracking" the long filename stuff in games, we are making this for the good use of homebrews, and homebrew will in the long run be able to take this database into use easily.

I just wanted to add that I don't mean to sound derogatory about the feature by using the word "gimmick" - it's just the only word that adequately describes the feature to users out there who expect it to somehow retroactively work in commercial applications.

It is handy/appropriate for apps like XBMP, and MXM will likely support the standard in the near future.

B)