xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Isocraxtion  (Read 157 times)

kenma

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« on: May 23, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

was trying to build up an iso-image with ISOCraxtion of a game I own, but...
what happens to the game, if isocraxtion shows up an error-message like: default.xbe was found but is not a valid XBox default.xbe!  when letting isocraxtion generate the iso anyway ?

when copying this folder to the xbox it will be played normally, but what happens if i burn the iso to a dvd, could it be played anyway ? why isocraxtion doesn't like this default.xbe ? what's the reason for it ?
How can I be sure not having a coaster after burning that generated iso ?

Xeero

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 05:16:00 PM »

If it doesn't have a default.xbe, it's not an Xbox game.  You sure you're not selecting the wrong root folder?

kenma

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 05:19:00 PM »

where did i write, that there is no default.xbe ?
ISOcraxtion is telling me that the default.xbe in that folder is not valid, not that there is no default.xbe ?!?!

Xeero

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »

I misread your post.  The phrase was "default.xbe was found but is not a valid XBox default.xbe".  I was thinking it said "default.xbe was not found or it is not a valid XBox default.xbe".

I apologize, but I do not know what checking measures Craxtion uses when checking the default.xbe.  Hopefully LepPpeR can provide some insight.

kenma

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »

yeah, hopefully

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »

Shit. that's right..

I had this same issue.. LEPPPER contact me on IRC.. and I'll give you the details.. a game I have.. the XBE cause craxtion to say something like the above.. not a valid XBE.

Leppper.. hit me up in IRC for more details.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2003, 01:50:00 AM »

I have basically gone fishing as well.  Now, as for your information, Craxtion might look at a default.xbe and think that it is not valid because it did not extract the name properly, if you burn it - it should work without a problem.  If, for instance the game name did not extract properly it should display and error message and ask if you would like to continue anyway.  Just click ok and you should be good to go.

LepPpeR

----GONE FISHING----Just helping with questions about Craxtion at the moment--------------GON FISHING-----------------

kenma

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 07:23:00 AM »

@leppper
that was the case, I burned the iso (build up with craxtion), even craxtion said the default.xbe was not valid and the Game works! I can confirm that this game is one without giving its name out of the default.exe.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Isocraxtion
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2003, 07:58:00 AM »

indeed, I am glad it works for you.

LepPpeR