xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pal Matrix Backup  (Read 135 times)

sTEP nEG

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« on: May 23, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

Any ideas how to back up the PAL version of Enter The Matrix so I can run it from my HD?  

I have tried the NTSC rename patch and both xbe replacements with and without being patched, just get dirty disk error

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Morglum

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 10:59:00 AM »

Theres plenty of other posts about this. Use the search function.

King

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »

Well, let's see there's these threads on it already

There's this sticky thread and

This one on buffer underrun AND

This one on ETM on HDD AND

This one on how to read XBOX in the PC AND

This is the best thread IMHO AND

AND THIS ONE AND

This one for the HDD AND

this one AND

This one

And all that is on the first 3 pages of this forum.

So, rather than starting another new thread on this, read the topics here.  All these threads should have been zapped by the moderators and only one thread allowed.

Now after I have finished my rant, I will also answer the question:

DMagic1 IMHO has the best solution to put the game over 2 DVDs - Level 1-6 on the 1st and the rest on the 2nd.  I am going to attempt this shortly so I am only going on the logic in the post at present.

I thought of doing that too long ago but instead I decided to do something a little different. I basically made a 2 disk set for the game. Both disk are completely playable for the entire game. The first disk has the atari.vid replacing the last 3 movies in the FMV folder( g82_s.vid, g89_g.vid, and g89_n.vid ). The second disk has the atari.vid replacing 5 movies in the FMV folder that are early in the game ( g01_s.vid, g11_s.vid, g27_s.vid, g37_s.vid, g40_g.vid ). You use the first disk to about the start of the sixth mission. You use the second disk for the rest of the game.

You can play with any character on either disk.
Both disk work fine and fit easily.

This post has been edited by DMagic1 on May 22 2003, 05:21 AM

and don't forget

No you still need to remove the media checks.

I take no credit for this and if it works for me DMagic1 is da MAN!!

If you don't like that idea, then feel free to read the other links provided

sTEP nEG

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »

Thats great thanx,

Now if someone has actually bothered to read my post I asked how to run the PAL version from my HD.  I also said that I have tried the rename patch, replacing my xbe and that it didn't work.  

If anyone has got any ideas as to running the PAL version from their HD plz let me know.

Cheers

King

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

Well, with a lovely attitude like that, how can people resist to help YOU.

Again, I have looked for you and found

Thanks Blademan!!!

I've followed blademan post and got it all working smoothly on my PAL XB. All 2140 files are copied successfully to HDD and the 2 patches are working okay. I used Video selector from ENIGMNH-X to change XB to NTSC mode. I wonder would Project-X release any new PxHDDloader to patch these long filenames type games in the future.

I really need to play this game now!

-xbbx

This is from the pinned thread HERE.

OBTW, this thread is the first link that I posted so obvioulsy you couldn't be bothered to even check the answers that you got before saying people haven't read what you have asked!!   :grr:

Papaken

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 03:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Morglum @ May 23 2003, 06:48 PM)

:uhh: where did you get your bios file for your matrix modchip? where did you download it from can you please tell me cause i dont know where to do this at

King

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (Papaken @ May 26 2003, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Morglum @ May 23 2003, 06:48 PM)

:uhh: where did you get your bios file for your matrix modchip? where did you download it from can you please tell me cause i dont know where to do this at

:ph34r: This is about the game Enter the Matrix not the Matrix modchip.

We cannot talk about BIOS sources here.

fakewilly

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 10:42:00 PM »

sTEP nEG i used to get a dirty disc error but you have to rename the movies in the movies folder to *.vid not *.vidpal. Because we have PAL version and the crack is for the NTSC version you will notice the movies are WAY WAY WAY out of sync. I am looking for a PAL version of the default.xbe that has the renamed files fixed in it. If you find it let me know.

Fakewilly

painless8000

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2003, 03:14:00 AM »

There is A palversion default.xbe. Just look for it in the usual places. Or search the forum somewhere there is A link for it. It works great though.
Greetz
painless

sTEP nEG

• Archived User
Pal Matrix Backup
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »

:blink:  sorry King, I didn't mean any offense, I will double check that thread again all though I have spent a frustrating amount of time on this poxy game, and it aint even that good  :ph34r: