xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Terrible Quality Backup  (Read 166 times)

bruce1271

• Archived User
Terrible Quality Backup
« on: May 22, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »

I am new to back-ups but I have burnt Rocky on a cheap dvd-r from an iso made by simpleXiso.  When I play the game it looks like there is an interlacing problem on horiz lines(jagged edges) and also the colors all have a green tint to them. It actually looks like a dvd that had been encoded at a lower bit rate-but it wasnt.

Anyone know the cause of this? Is it my cheap 70cents dvd-r ?

Thanks

darksteppin

• Archived User
Terrible Quality Backup
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 12:09:00 AM »

Did you rip this game yourself or did you download it? If you downloaded it you probably downloaded the cd-version that has downsampled movies. My friend dled the cd-version and it looks like shit. The dvd-r wouldn't matter. It has nothing to do with what the game looks like. I use cheap 55 cent princos and I have NEVER had a single problem with them.

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Terrible Quality Backup
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

While I haven't had the luck bruce1271 has since my cheap Princos fail over 50% of the time, I did want to make it clear, if it's a media issue the game simply won't play or will stop playing when it gets to a point where the media is bad.

It will never be a media issue where the game plays but doesn't look as good as it should.  Media issues are usually all or nothing.

bruce1271

• Archived User
Terrible Quality Backup
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »

Hey Guys,

Well, It is a direct backup from the dvd-rom game.  I had a similar issue on DVD movies having this tint on high colored movies(toy story).
Perhaps I will try quality media and see if a difference arrises.

Xeero

• Archived User
Terrible Quality Backup
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

Nah, this definitely is not a media issue.  It's not like a vinyl record where if the head can't read the surface it will produce poor-sounding audio.  DVDs obviously use a file system, and if the laser can't read the surface, it can't read the file, so the results will vary according to the system.  Generally speaking, the Xbox will kick you to the dash give you a dirty disc error.

My guess?  He's using the pirated scene release (PAL) on his NTSC box.

Dreamcazman

• Archived User
Terrible Quality Backup
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »

Is there any chance it could be a cable, xbox and/or television problem? This colour/jagged lines you are experiencing are definately not media related. (as everyone else have already mentioned)

bruce1271

• Archived User
Terrible Quality Backup
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 05:51:00 AM »

I will retry soem stuff, but the original doesnt have it and when I use the back-up it has issues.