xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Disk Installer.  (Read 885 times)

Recon-UK

• Archived User
Disk Installer.
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »

Ok, i have Slayer's installer on Disc, formatted the entire HDD, installed XBMC with all Apps to F partition, but when i boot up it goes back to the exact same crap as before.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Good installer...............................not....

By the way, the images are before i fully formatted the HDD because it failed that time as well, the second time was the option without EVOX.

fallenangle

• Recovered User
Disk Installer.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:22:00 AM »

What you may have is, unfortunately, typical of some of the EvoX dashes I've found floating around the web. Their evox.ini (text) file is badly written and/or has some or many important functions disabled. In your case most of the expected Menu [Root] items.

However it could also be because Slayers was not designed for use for softmods and all those normal menu items and the things you've installed are there but not where the Xbox is looking for them.

Solution: there are several things you could do but simplest by far is to find and use HeXEn (Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc) to update amd sort out your softmod.

Install whatever main dash you want as part of the process. EvoX is considered a bit past it now and not having a File Explorer/Manager like UnleashX and XBMC etc is a major disadvantage. UnleashX also has a text write/edit facility built into the File Explorer.  

I'm not sure if HeXEn includes EvoX as a dash or or allows you to install XBMC as just an app. So if you want them, and I'd recommend having both EvoX and another alternative dash to your main one as apps, then also find AID (Auto Installer Deluxe) v4.53.

The Applications and Dashboard install section of that has EvoX with a near enough fully enabled .ini file as I remember. However I think you may have to re-point it at the correct name/location of the MS dash .xbe to get that working.

But I really think most of your problems are likely because you used Slayers and HeXEn is what you should use first to deal with any problems resulting from that.