xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Get Evox Dash Back?  (Read 232 times)

brownbear

• Archived User
Can I Get Evox Dash Back?
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »

So I too lost my evox dashboard to a Splinter Cell update.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I have read that an AID disc is needed, however my wonderful thompson won't read any disc I put in it.. tried + and - DVDR DVDRW you name it! Is there any way I can get my evox dashboard back via FTP without using the DVD drive? You help is greatly appreciated!

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »

What do you mean "lost your dashboard to a Splinter Cell update"?

How was your Xbox modded? What did you do with Splinter Cell that forced this "update"? Is your Xbox still modded? What dash do you have now? What colour is the LED once the Xbox has booted?

N.B. Don't say that your Xbox was modded with Splinter Cell......

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Nov 6 2010, 02:08 AM

brownbear

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »

A friend tried to use multiplayer on splinter cell. The game updated my dashboard so now I see the original Microsoft dashboard when I boot up the machine. I have the crappy DVD drive that stopped working a long time ago, so making an AID is pointless.  The machine has hardmod. What I'm trying to find out is how I can make my evox dashboard the one that shows up after the machine boots without using an autoinstaller.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »

You need to remove the hard drive, connect it to your PC, and restore the missing files. Use Xplorer360 beta 6 on your PC to copy the files across. Most BIOSes look for the dash at C:\evoxdash.xbe, E:\evoxdash.xbe or F:\evoxdash.xbe, so put a copy of evox and its .ini file in those three locations.

The problem wouldn't have happened if you'd had a complete copy of the MS Dash on the C partition, so make sure you don't delete any files from C:\.

If your disk is locked you'll have to hotswap to make it accessible.

brownbear

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »

Wow seems like a lot of work. I was hoping it would be something I could resolve via FTP. Thanks for your input.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »

It isn't a lot of work. Swap one disk, copy six files - it's hardly rocket science.

You can't use FTP because you don't have FTP until you can load a hacked dash......

If you have a friend with a working Xbox DVD you could temporarily swap DVD drives.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »

Same answer as three posts up in this thread........

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »

I think brownbear and cocolove might well be the same person using two different accounts. His (cocolove) post is just a cut and paste of brownbear's earlier post.

I'm guessing he didn't like your answer and decided to bump the thread hoping for another solution.

Apologies to cocolove if I'm wrong but I can't see any other reason for asking an identical question when the answer has already been provided.