xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: So Chimp Ripped My Face Off Tonight...  (Read 205 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
So Chimp Ripped My Face Off Tonight...
« on: October 14, 2010, 03:35:00 AM »

Your basic mistake was that you tried to re-use an old set of softmod files to mod a different Xbox. When you softmod an Xbox it changes the softmod config files to give you a repair/remove menu if you run it again. It's a small change, and trivially easy to change if you know what you're doing, but if not you can get into all sorts of trouble, as you've found. If you'd used a clean set of softmod files you'd have been absolutely fine.

Your next mistake was that you can't use Chimp to clone a drive from softmod Xbox A and expect it to work on softmod Xbox B, because it is locked with the eeprom from the motherboard on Xbox A.

As you have an eeprom for his Xbox (from the very first time you ran the softmod on his Xbox) your best bet is to use xboxhdm and Kingroach NDURE 3.1 to rebuild a disk for his Xbox. Exactly how you do it depends on whether the disk you want to put in your friend's Xbox is already locked to his Xbox (error 21) or incorrectly locked (error 6). Post back with details and I'll point you in the right direction.

Next time, use a clean set of softmod files, and use Krayzie 1.1.1 because it's newer and simpler than SID 4.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with EvolutionX...... (i.e. you're in the wrong section!)

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »

So. Unlock his 80G disk on your Xbox and set it to one side. Get a clean Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave set, and use your Xbox to transfer the gamesaves to your memory card. Put his original disk back into his Xbox, and transfer the gamesaves across.

Make sure the dash on his Xbox is version 5960, and if it isn't you need to update it. The easiest method is to cold boot using a recent live enabled game to restore the dash. Halo 2 and Doom 3 definitely work (I've used them both), and Pro Evolution Soccer 4, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Goldeneye Rogue Agent should work (Live enabled, 2004 or later). You just go through the motions of connecting to live, and the first thing the game does is update the dash. Alternatively you can use the method in this post.

Once that's done softmod his Xbox with Splinter Cell. Choose Basic install - UnleashX dashboard.

When it's working you can use Chimp to set up the 80GB disk on his Xbox.

Edit: You could have posted here, as your original problem was with a gamesave exploit, or here as it's a General Hardware / Technical problem.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »

That won't stop you from softmodding his original disk.

Meanwhile you can use Chimp on YOUR Xbox to unlock his 80GB disk.

Game dashboard updates have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Live Servers. If they did then I wouldn't have recommended that as an option......

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »

A PC with one (or preferably two) IDE port(s) is certainly the easiest way. USB/IDE adapters generally don't support the low-level ATA disk locking commands required to rebuild Xbox 1 disks, although you can hotswap to a USB / IDE enclosure - see this post, so that might allow you to hotswap his original disk then rebuild it.

The only other solution I can think of is using Config Magic to change the eeprom on your Xbox so that it matches his. Trouble is, in the process you also need to unlock and relock your disk to his eeprom (or your Xbox won't boot), then reverse the process when you swap the eeprom back again.

Before you do anything else, find out the current state of his original disk. Does it boot at all, does it give an error, what is the error number?

katuuuz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »

Sorry took so long.

Got the xbox booting, but it won't read any xbox games.  Not sure what the problem is.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »

This is like pulling teeth. Which disk, the 80G or his original disk? When you say "booting", what do you mean? Booting to an error screen, booting to the MS Dash, what?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »

You are using Krayzie 1.1.1, right?

For Splinter Cell when you unpack the gamesaves there are two folders - 5553000c and 21585554. Use your Xbox file manager to put both of these folders in the root of the memory card, then use the MS Dash on his Xbox to copy the two gamesaves to his hard drive.

katuuuz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »

Yes using k.1.1.1.  That's where we screwed up.  We never copie them to his hd just tried loading from the mem card.  Will try tonight and will update you.