xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Remotx Debugger  (Read 155 times)

Fade Iczer GEast

• Archived User
Remotx Debugger
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »

Hey guys, looking for a definitive guide for using the RemoteX debugger. Barring that, a complete list of commands would be just as useful. I've tried searching the old evolutionX website via the Internet Archive, but I think it's having technical issues for the time being. I'd hop over to the IRC channel, but... Well... I don't really remember where it is anymore, or even if there's still an active #evox channel. Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: I should probably mention that I've been digging around XS for a while as well and not really coming up with anything outside of the standard FTP commands. Nothing else has been close enough to be worth mentioning.

1hotjob

• Archived User
Remotx Debugger
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but read the first few links here.

Fade Iczer GEast

• Archived User
Remotx Debugger
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm not trying to turn it into a devbox. I do have the XDK though (both releases... Shh!). I guess what I'm looking for is the RemoteX shell specifications that are built into the Evox dashboard. I do appreciate the info though, but it's kind of going in a different direction. For a bit I was worried no one was even going to reply. :s

ldotsfan

• Archived User
Remotx Debugger
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »

Is this the set of special FTP commands in EvoX for formatting of hdd, hdd locking etc? XBMC implements something similar - invoke XBE etc and source code is available.

Fade Iczer GEast

• Archived User
Remotx Debugger
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »

No, not really. The RemoteX debugger allows you to run an XBE and perform live debugging via a telnet console. You can enable this within the settings of the Evox Dashboard.

It's been referenced in this post here:
http://forums.xbox-s...o...60&hl=kotor

There are a few others, but this one is the most notable. What surprises me is that there is little information floating around about it. I suspect it allows you to set breakpoints and has other functions, but I've yet to find any documentation on it.