xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ethernet Troubles  (Read 166 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Ethernet Troubles
« on: June 26, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »

You should use a straight through cable. Are the link lights coming on at the Xbox and the router port? Have you tried a different port on the router? A different cable? How is your computer connected to your router? Does that have a manual IP address, or is it allocated via DHCP. What happens if you assign your Xbox a manual IP address?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Ethernet Troubles
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »

Have you tried plugging something else into the same port on your router, just in case your Xbox has developed a problem? If you have and the lights on the router won't turn on and you're sure the cable is good, then either the Ethernet port on the router is disabled, or it's broken.

mindtrap

• Archived User
Ethernet Troubles
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 27 2010, 01:46 AM) View Post

Have you tried plugging something else into the same port on your router, just in case your Xbox has developed a problem? If you have and the lights on the router won't turn on and you're sure the cable is good, then either the Ethernet port on the router is disabled, or it's broken.

Yep, I've tried using ports and cables I know work with other devices.  I've tried straight through and crossover cables.  I'm now convinced it's the ethernet port on the xbox that is malfunctioning.  Not sure if there's anything I can do about that!  sad.gif