xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 'freezes'... Kind Of  (Read 118 times)

phiblue29

• Archived User
Xbox 'freezes'... Kind Of
« on: February 03, 2020, 01:33:00 PM »

I need some help w/ this problem, and I hope I'm describing it right... and if this is the "clock loop" problem please verify for me and I'll be on my way.

Anyway, when I turn on my xbox my dashboard (evolutionX) takes about an hour (that's the longest I've waited and gave up) to load...

Here's what happens-- you know how the dashboard 'fades' in when you turn on your 'box'? That 'fade in' creeps in very slow, I haven't gotten a full screen yet. I figured my modded Xbox is now a door stop, but I wanted to know if there are any fixes to this problem.

A little background: I have not updated the dash since it was modded over 4 years ago-- which could be the issue.
I plan to do the clock loop fixes tonight and see if they work.

Any help is appreciated.

BTW, I used the 'search' on the forum (I prefer to find things on my own), and I get the error screen every time...

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:37:00 PM »

Is this the original HD? Do you have another one you can try?

Do you get an actual error screen or just turn the Xbox off?

Traviss63

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 12:41:00 AM »

If you power it on with a game in it does the game boot?

phiblue29

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

Sorry about the delay...

Not the original drive, purchased it 'pre-modded' w/ a new drive installed.
No error screen (turned on today and just waited as long as it took to load evox)

When I first turned on I get the "X" intro along w/ 'executer' text at bottom of screen. Then the slow stuff kicks in. What I noticed is that the time refreshes every 3 seconds, ie 2:15:23, 2:15:25, 2:15:28, and so on until the evox screen fully loads (you can see the evox screen as it fades in -and- the "X" screen, one gets a little lighter as the other gets a little darker). This still happens after the screen is fully loaded-- when I scroll down to select something the animation of the scroll is every 3 seconds...

I don't have a disk, I can go rent one and try it out.

The error screen I mentioned is on this forum-- whenever I search I get an error screen. This is on both my mac browsers (ff and safari)...

I found some games-- thought I gave them all away...

I get the 'no disc' prompt when I put in a game from the evox screen or restart the xbox w/ the disc already in.

Oh, and to give exact info, I get the "X" intro along w/ "xecuter2" text at the bottom.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »

With the Xecuter2 text at the bottom that means you have a mod chip or a TSOP flashed Xbox. You should be able to boot a Slayer's CD and see what the problem is. You may need to rebuild the drive. If you can't boot anything with the DVD drive you have, you may need to get a new DVD drive for the Xbox or borrow one from a friend.

phiblue29

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 05:54:00 PM »

It has a mod chip.

Looks like I need to find an X Box repairman... this is deep water territory for me.

The most I've done w/ my X Box is upload skins through FTP.

And even if I was adventurous, I don't have a PC or even a slayer CD to do a check w/-- Mac all the way.

I purchased the xbox pre-modded, so I received it ready-to-go in the mail, no extra CDs, files, etc.

I do have some PC buddies, will rebuilding the drive wipe it? So then I'll need to get my hands on a new dashboard and other files... more deep water.