xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Burn A Dvd Movie?  (Read 233 times)

Dude_Son

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« on: March 31, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »

Ok I can burn games but I wanna be able to play burnt dvd movies in my xbox... I cant seem to figure this part out. I have my lil (VIDEO_TS folder) now what????? how do I make it playable with my xbox? I have the dvd dongle kit. why is there no tutorials for this? :uhh:  

np_guard

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Once you have the Video_TS folder (deMacrovision - Macrovision protection removed), just use:

1.Nero -> In the Startup Menu click DVD Video icon at the left, and select NEW. Then browse with the right window your folder Video_TS and drop the contents to the window at the left (the DVD Compilation) inside the folder of the same name. Click on the Burn Icon, or select burn from the file menu. If you did it right you should not receive a error mesage. If you do receive one make sure you drag and drop all the contents of the Video_TS folder to the one in the DVD Compilation.
(I have experienced compatibility problems burning DVD Movies with Nero and playing them on Stand Alone DVD Players, but not on the XBox or PS2.)

2. CopytoCD/DVD -> Select DVD Movie from the File menu. Locate your folder in the browse window. Press ok. That's all.
(I recommend you this CopytoCD/DVD because the compatibility with Stand Alone DVD players)

I've a Pioneer A05 and Burn the media on Princo DVD-R's @ 1x.

Dude_Son

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 08:33:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

insite

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »

Also important to note that DVD backups will NOT play in the Xbox unless you make an ISO image of the VIDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS folders and then burn the ISO.  I use IFOEdit or Scenarist after preprocessing to create the ISO and RecordNOW Max to burn.  I have several DVDs (all the same media) where I just burned the VIDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS folders directly to disk and they don't play in the Xbox.  All the ISO'd ones play just fine, though.

GThaxxx

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »

I've got  an easier way .  Buy the program DVD X COPY.  You can get it at Amazon.com. Perfect copies everytime.  Very easy to use.

Dude_Son

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

mad.gif  

I have DvdXcopy, are u sure it will play through the xbox?

Rayman

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »

I've noticed that burned dvd-movies only work in a Xbox in combination with a Samsung drive.

Also tried it with Thomson and Philips drives, but that didn't work.

darylzero

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 06:49:00 AM »

man, a new one of these topics pops up everyday.  i know this is an xbox site, but maybe the following should be pinned:

Use DVD Decrypter to decrypt your DVD then use DVD2One.  Its that easy! :beer:  

jz28

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2003, 07:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (darylzero @ Apr 9 2003, 09:42 AM)
man, a new one of these topics pops up everyday.  i know this is an xbox site, but maybe the following should be pinned:

Use DVD Decrypter to decrypt your DVD then use DVD2One.  Its that easy! beerchug.gif

theres a new game on the block, try dvdshrink...

darylzero

• Archived User
How To Burn A Dvd Movie?
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »

Whats the deal with DVDshrink?  Is it better than DVD2one?  And, if so why?

This post has been edited by darylzero: Apr 9 2003, 02:44 PM