xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installing Evolutionx Manually  (Read 42 times)

1hotjob

• Archived User
Installing Evolutionx Manually
« on: September 02, 2006, 08:09:00 AM »

You are putting the cart before the horse.

Since you have the Xbox HD in your PC, copy over the Krazie's Ndure exploit and then put the HD back in the Xbox and run it. Simplest solution.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

well what i used to softmod atleast 4 xbox's was this.... "XBoxHDM" (xbox hard drive manager) and Kingroach's NDURE exploit thinggy lol... it works great... but requires hotswaping which can potentially damage either your xbox or pc or possibly both although i never had any problems..... do this at YOUR own risk! wink.gif

also it might be a good idea to get a fresh copy of msdash ... so in case your current msdash is damaged this can help fix it.. just put it onto the xboxhdm cd before u burn it.

i had a xbox go screwy once (one of the xbox's i softmoded) and was able to fix it using a fresh copy of msdash (basically deleted all of C and copied over the msdash files and then reloaded the NDURE exploit thinggy then all was good.

WhatsInTheBox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys. I have finally figured it all out. I now have XBMC (with EvoX as an app) as my main dash loaded using UXE. I have also successfully upgraded the HDD to a 200GB with F and G partitions formatted and working 100%.

I personally have no interest in XBL and have removed the msdash completely (still backuped of course). I have also installed a backdoor into the system with a SplinterCell gamesave exploit that loads to EvoX just in case. wink.gif

I know this is the EvoX forum and I did originally intend to go with EvoX, but I primarily want a media center so I am using XBMC as my main dash. So once again, thanks for the replies and thanks for the community in general, I could never have done it without this place. smile.gif