xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Please!  (Read 78 times)

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
Help Please!
« on: April 10, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

the bios is not configured to boot the evox xbe file you have. usually the bios willl try and boot evoxdash.xbe from the c drive. use an installer or a different bank on a chip to rename default.xbe of evox to evoxdash.xbe, make sure both the xbe and evox.ini are on the root of the c drive

halofreak345

• Archived User
Help Please!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »

Anyone elsehave an idea?

halofreak345

• Archived User
Help Please!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »

I had it off for about 3 hours now.  I tried to turn it on again and this time I noticed it was making some kind of clicking sound.  Maybe it's trying to load from the harddrive and getting stuck or something.  Anyone know how I might be able to fix it?  I have a lot of games that I don't want to lose.

ghwanderer

• Archived User
Help Please!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »

just have the bios manually redone

ghwanderer

• Archived User
Help Please!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 02:20:00 PM »

just saw about the clicking noise, is it by the hard drive cuz when hard drives have issues they have a tendencie to make weird noises.

halofreak345

• Archived User
Help Please!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

Yes I got it apart and the clicking was coming from the hardrive.  What does that mean?

yinglin

• Archived User
Help Please!
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

I got exactly same problem, My x2 chip worked fine for whole year. but now I got the same problem, I try to use installer 2.6, but after reboot, i only show MS dash. cant not boot from evoxdash, so i just try to rename xboxdash to something elae and rename evoxdash to xboxdash, it works fine,and i try to turn off for few minutes,it still work. but after 5 hours power off, and I turn it on, the same problem occurred. just stop at the x2 logo.