xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lost Evox!  (Read 19 times)

inferno19

• Archived User
Lost Evox!
« on: February 08, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

Hey all,

Just yesterday I downloaded Slayer's Installer, v2.5, just to have it and do a couple diagnostics/fixes, etc. I already had evox installed, and I believe it loaded via the Phoenix Bios Loader. Anywho, my system clock was all off, and because I can't connect to an FTP server (no router), I had to use the M$dash. Now, when I clicked the option to exec my M$dash, the Xbox simply rebooted and went through the PBL and booted back to EvoX. So, my old dash files were corrupted.
I used Slayer's disc to 'install/restore my M$dash', and now I have the M$ dash back, but I cant get back to EVOX! I no longer get the Phoenix Medallion on boot, and it boots directly to the M$dash. So, I reinsert the Slayer's disc, hoping to boot from it (it's burned to two different CD-RWs), and it begins to load. It goes through the normal M$dash load sequence, as it changes to the large Xbox logo, and I'm thankful I can get this far. Then, it reverts back to the M$dash and tells me it can't recognize the disc. Damnit.

So, I'm wondering what I should do about this. I don't fully understand how the PBL (Bios loader) works, so maybe that needs to be repaired first. I can also try downloading a new version of Evox and making a boot disc, but that seems needless as I have Slayer's disc already. I could try reburning the Slayer .iso file on a DVD, but I'm pretty sure the RWs read in my drive. So what is the next step?

Any help appreciated, I'm on my knees! Thanks.