xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: **please Help**  (Read 90 times)

MikeF

• Archived User
**please Help**
« on: June 04, 2003, 04:29:00 AM »

how big is the file, it should be a self extracting archive of about 100mb in size.

MikeF

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 04:34:00 AM »

You are trying to extract files from the iso file - YES.

if so you need to use an iso manager to extract the files.  I used xisomanager to extract them.

What are you trying to do ?

clyde1975

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 04:58:00 AM »

So what you are saying is that i need to use xISO instead of WinRAR to extract the files?

MikeF

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 05:14:00 AM »

winrar can't handle the iso file so you will need an application that will allow you to extract the files.

Are you trying to install the syalers disc ?, if you are just burn the iso to a cdrw.

clyde1975

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 05:44:00 AM »

You know what, that is what I thought and had to do from the beggining and I did try.  I use Nero and went to File, Select Image, and then burned.  The file was named "Slayers Auto Installer v2.1 Final" from my source.  I have tried Maxell cdrw, Office Depot cd-rw, verbitim cd-rw, pioneer dvd-rw, and Ritek dvd-r and the Xbox says it cannot read the disk on all of them.  Does that sound like the correct file, I am pretty sure it is and if so why the heck is my xbox not reading any of those disks.  

Thanks!

MikeF

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »

That is the name of the extractable archive I think.

Extract the archive to a folder on your computer.  you should then have a .iso file.  Burn this file and hopefully it will work.

clyde1975

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 06:06:00 AM »

When you say extract, what should i use to extract the files?

MikeF

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2003, 06:12:00 AM »

If its the correct auto installer 2.1 it is a self extracting archive.  Double click on it and tell it where to put the files.  Burn the.iso from this directory then.

clyde1975

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2003, 06:34:00 AM »

I will try this when I get home after work today.

Thanks again

clyde1975

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2003, 03:10:00 PM »

OK, after clicking on the file and it tries to run the auto extracting it gives me the following and then the error at the end.  Need some assistance.

Extracting ChangeLog.txt
Extracting SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.1 Instructions .txt
Extracting SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.1.txt
Extracting This installer was originally created by SlaYer.  Feel free to modify but please leave this credit file in place.txt
Extracting SLAYER'S EVOX AUTO-INSTALLER V2.1.ISO
CRC failed in SLAYER'S EVOX AUTO-INSTALLER V2.1.ISO
Unexpected end of archive

Thanks!

flattspott

• Archived User
**please Help**
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »

Ok here the facts:

The file you downloaded in the first place is a WinRAR self extracting executable file (sfx). Double click on to extract it. WinRAR is not needed since it's an sfx file. THen you have the slayer ISO file. Now if you have WinRAR install by default it will associate itself with ISO file. That's why the slayer ISO with have the WinRAR icon. But even though that's the case WinRAR cant extract anything from the ISO cause it's a xbox ISO file. WinRAR is just going by file extension and not by the contents of the ISO. So as stated earlier use a xISO type app.