xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: ..i Would Do Anything 2 Make A Working Evox Backup  (Read 76 times)

froescheD

• Archived User
..i Would Do Anything 2 Make A Working Evox Backup
« on: February 24, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »

yes. it seem your chip is working fine. try to burn evox dashboard again following this TUTORIAL
(this is nero)

and here is one for primo : TUTORIAL

Roo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 10:40:00 AM »

thanks,

I have tried to create a cd through both nero and primo but i just cant get them too work.

Maybe i am creating the iso file wrong!?
can anyone tell me the size of the latest version of evolutionx!?
and also, i use a version of nero (maybe the newset one) which doesnt allow you to change the "finalise cd" and "disc-at-once" settings like they show on the tutorial. which version's are like the tutorial?

i appreciate all help

Flea420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 11:05:00 AM »

I know nothing about that chip, but if you can turn it off or somehow get into the MS Dashboard, then do what someone told me to, and burn a Audio CD with your CD-RW, and see if it will read it as a  music cd. If it dosnt, then it wont read that Media, if it does, then your burning EvoX wrong.

froescheD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 11:10:00 AM »

there is no standard size of evox. there are various versions (e.g. static or no matrix and so on). usually evox.rar is about 2'500kb big. unpacked 2.73MB

xboxistheshiznit

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (Flea420 @ Feb 24 2003, 07:05 PM)
I know nothing about that chip, but if you can turn it off or somehow get into the MS Dashboard, then do what someone told me to, and burn a Audio CD with your CD-RW, and see if it will read it as a  music cd. If it dosnt, then it wont read that Media, if it does, then your burning EvoX wrong.

thats not true for everyone, my xbox will play music on cdrws, but it will not boot evox, or any other data ive tried burning to it (and yes i know how to burn these things, they have worked on my friends xbox). i have a thompson dvd drive btw. it reads dvd+r fine so its all good.

RayTwoOneThree

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »

They burning on a Office Depot CD-RW.....They Work Dope....

Roo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 09:08:00 AM »

Ah ha, so basically... as i have a dashboard error, it will not boot evox.  

It does boot official games tho!? surely it shouldnt make a difference then, and it should read the iso's?

i have a thomson like that other dude said, and so apparently some thomson's dont read cdrw's? (i better not be that bloody unlucky)!!!!

ok, if you get the green led, does that almost definately mean youve installed the matrix correctly?!? cause if it does i will just flash with a standard bios!

a music cdrw isnt going to be able to play if i have no dashboard becuase you cant access anything..ah ha! crazy stuff! im learning..ish

Keep impressing me with ur assistance!!

yeah, and i would recommend using the word "score" as much as you can.. its great!

ST_LEX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 09:25:00 AM »

sad.gif

deathflamer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »

my evox used to run off a rw wot u on about...

pvwr

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2003, 11:36:00 PM »

I have an error 16. I can't load anything. Is there a bios that will not look for the dashboard? Is there a bios that will boot the dvd drive first? I have Evox blue bios. I have tried everything and nothing has worked. PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Have you tried flashing a BIOS that loads the usual msxbosdash.xbe on drive C? My problem was that the BIOS hacked to boot on drive E with yboxdash.xbe wasn't able to startup the XBox while there was no actual yboxdash.xbe on drive E, it couldn't even start a CD/DVD.

Flash a regular BIOS which loads the msxboxdash.xbe on drive C, it will load and you can start Evox from a CD. FTP to your XBox or use Boxplorer to copy the suitable dashboard files to your drive C with the correct filenames for your BIOS that loads the alternative name dashboard and that's it. It will bott straight.