xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Consoles  (Read 580 times)

digitec

• Archived User
New Consoles
« on: September 28, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

O.k. heres my 2 cents on the matter of new consoles. There is absolutly no way to stop any system from being hacked or modded. Never has been never will be. I thinkg these big companys are starting to realize that. What I have started noticing them doing is finding cheaper ways of getting the games on the shelfs. Cause lets face it not that many people can afford to spend 200 dollards a month on video games that cause 50-60 bucks a piece. So they are going to find a way to mod their system and get them that way. But now if a games cost between 20-40 bucks then more people will rather pay the money than mod their system. But thats just me I have seen a drop in game prices over the past few months starting with sega 2k games at 20 bucks. Now NBA live is only 40 bucks. I just think this is the new standard for how much games are going to start to cost.

s e v e n

• Archived User
New Consoles
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

Games have cost $50 for a decade now, its not gonna change.

Dropping the price won't change anything. Anyone who pirates a $50 game because he doesnt' want to pay for it will not want to pay for a $20 game either.

After all, why pay for the cow when you get the milk for free? Regardless of what the milk costs.

This post has been edited by s e v e n on Sep 28 2004, 09:10 PM

antny

• Archived User
New Consoles
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 05:11:00 AM »

If games were cheaper I would probably buy more but I would also still mod as its great to run software you can't buy in the shops (XBMC, Emulators etc..).

Bravo

• Archived User
New Consoles
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

Maybe I'm not keeping up to date on things, but that gamecube is a bitch to hack So while every future console MAY be able to be hacked if it's so ridicoulus and time consuming to do it, I'm sure that'll negate many ppl from doing it

Charbless

• Archived User
New Consoles
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

Piracy will always be around dure to if you can get somthing free you will go for it but I do think games are over priced they should be like £25/30 when they first come out then £15/20 after say a year

the next xbox will have a media center on it i bet and why hack a gaycube anyway its same price as xb and it dont have anything to offer anyway well except maybe resident evil.

Jeffler

• Archived User
New Consoles
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 08:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (s e v e n @ Sep 28 2004, 09:08 PM)
Games have cost $50 for a decade now, its not gonna change.

Dropping the price won't change anything. Anyone who pirates a $50 game because he doesnt' want to pay for it will not want to pay for a $20 game either.

After all, why pay for the cow when you get the milk for free? Regardless of what the milk costs.

Because you get the Beef. (AKA A working warrenty, proof of Legal purchase, and manuals and cases and a real disc).

wafflez

• Archived User
New Consoles
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

Mmmm.... Beef....

EvilWays

• Archived User
New Consoles
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 08:55:00 PM »

Steak?

Trisman

• Archived User