xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recovering From The Old Audio Exploit  (Read 341 times)

Nukey

• Archived User
Recovering From The Old Audio Exploit
« on: February 17, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

I've got a basic understanding of what I'm doing, but I just wanted to ask somebody else before I do this. I used to have the old audio exploit with Bond AUF and an evolution x dashboard. An xbox live game buggered it up a while ago and eventually I fixed the problem and got the UXE mod on my xbox. The problem now is that I've got files that are probably useless all over the place on my xbox. I've got a bad habit with computers of deleting everything useless, but even I know my limits. Here are some of the files I'm wondering about:

settings_adoc.xip (C:)
xboxrom.bin (E:)
boot.cfg (E:)
evoxdash.xbe (E:)
and evox.ini (E:)

I don't use evox anymore, but I'd like to keep it around as another dash. I'm wondering if I can throw those four files for evox on the E: into a folder called (EVOXDASH). I'm a little worried about doing it, because boot.cfg and xboxrom.bin sound like risky things to move. From what I understand, the UXE mod uses update.xbe to call the unleashx dashboard from the E:\dashboard directory. If that's true, then boot.cfg and xboxrom.bin shouldn't be all that important.

I've also noticed that there are two files called settings_adoc.xip on my C: (one on the root, and one in ... i believe it was the audio directory? don't recall at the moment) anyway, i haven't touched that because i suppose it was used for the UXE mod at some point.

Last of all, is it safe to replace my ST.DB file with one from my cousin's xbox? It no longer works since the old audio exploit was buggered by xbox live. I'm in a hurry with this post so sorry about grammar and all that rubbish.

This post has been edited by Nukey: Feb 17 2006, 07:19 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Recovering From The Old Audio Exploit
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 02:29:00 PM »

For all softmod related question go into the

No-Modchip Hacks (exploits) Forums

also located on xbox-scene and ask there (after reading all relevent posts first)

TOPIC LOCKED