xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burned Cd-rw Not Working...  (Read 383 times)

irish arse727

• Archived User
Burned Cd-rw Not Working...
« on: December 06, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

I recently updated to the current version of UnleashX (not the bugfix)... and after i fixed it up and got it working I popped in a CD-RW (the same one with the new UnleashX on it) to copy over the new XBMC build.  So after I get UnleashX working I rebooted and watched as my dashboard said "Disc: Unknown" and listened to my Xbox making strange noises... I read in the update log that ISO9660 support was added, and quite frankly I don't know what that means <_< .  Could someone please help me out and maybe lead me in the right direction to getting my copied CD-RW's working again?

Thank You

iNfErNaL666

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

tight

irish arse727

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

...that doesnt help me, anyone with a logical answer?

Diontae18

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (irish arse727 @ Dec 6 2004, 11:11 PM)
I recently updated to the current version of UnleashX (not the bugfix)... and after i fixed it up and got it working I popped in a CD-RW (the same one with the new UnleashX on it) to copy over the new XBMC build.  So after I get UnleashX working I rebooted and watched as my dashboard said "Disc: Unknown" and listened to my Xbox making strange noises... I read in the update log that ISO9660 support was added, and quite frankly I don't know what that means <_< .  Could someone please help me out and maybe lead me in the right direction to getting my copied CD-RW's working again?

Thank You

I reported this in the bug thread. It should be taken care of. ;)

This post has been edited by Diontae18: Dec 7 2004, 07:27 PM

irish arse727

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

thanks Diontae... someone with an answer that makes sense :blink: .  Anways, I hope this is fixed soon... CD-RW's are my only way of PC to Xbox transfer since my PC is downstairs and my Xbox is in my bedroom :( .

This post has been edited by irish arse727: Dec 7 2004, 08:17 PM

GoldStar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

using a cdrw doesnt stop you from using GDF images, use qwix or craxtion to create a special iso, then burn the image, rather than burning the files as a data CD.

Diontae18

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (GoldStar @ Dec 18 2004, 08:36 PM)
using a cdrw doesnt stop you from using GDF images, use qwix or craxtion to create a special iso, then burn the image, rather than burning the files as a data CD.

No Goldstar, It was reported as broken. That's why it ws fixed previously from either a live update or through the new release from the usual places.