xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wheres The Xbox To Xbox Ftp  (Read 490 times)

mrinsane

• Archived User
Wheres The Xbox To Xbox Ftp
« on: December 05, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

i must be a retard but i cant find it lol i know ive updated becasue the live update thing is their

GrimlyFiendish

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

Go into filemanger, bring up the filemanger menu - on there is an option to toggle to FTP browser.

mrinsane

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

thanx bud

the_titans

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

Finally!  Xbox to Xbox transfers ... I can finally delete Avalaunch :D

sd5932

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »

will the xbox to xbox auto detect any other xbox on my network? in avalunch there is auto dectect setting. what do i need to do for this to work in unleashx? i'm able to transfer ok if i creat a new site manually, but i want file explorer to autodetect the other xbox's on my network.  please help!!

phokus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

FTP CLIENT FEATURE:
-Peer xbox detection and uploading in boost mode (credits to Team Avalaunch) feature.

Peer xbox detection  ;)

Kthulu

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (sd5932 @ Dec 5 2004, 11:22 PM)
will the xbox to xbox auto detect any other xbox on my network? in avalunch there is auto dectect setting. what do i need to do for this to work in unleashx? i'm able to transfer ok if i creat a new site manually, but i want file explorer to autodetect the other xbox's on my network.  please help!!

i only have one xbox and i've never done an xbox to xbox transfer, so cut me slack here.  i have looked at the settings in avalaunch before though.

goto the filemanager.  switch to ftp mode using the start menu.  once you're in ftp mode, bring up the start menu again.  there should be a 'Refresh' item in there now.  try that and see if your other xbox shows up now.

also, if you are plugging one xbox directly into the other xbox, you will need a system link/crossover cable.  a standard network cable will not work unless you are plugging both xboxes into a switch/router/hub and talking through that device.

also,  make sure the 2 xboxes are on the same network.  if one xbox has an IP address of 192.168.x.y, make sure the IP of the other xbox is 192.168.x.z

that may not matter, but it's something i would try.

This post has been edited by Kthulu: Dec 6 2004, 05:45 AM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

Auto detect will only work with other Unleashx or Avalaunch Boxs you will need to set Auto-Detect to true in the network settings of unleashX on the xbox you want to connect too for it to work.  And it will be listed in the right pain with the nickname of the xbox that MS set or unless you have changed it in anyway

LightShow

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 12:07:00 AM »

and make sure that both xbox's have names.  I just spend 2 hrs trying to figure out why i couldn't see my other xbox, it just keep freezing.  But after I notice the new xbox never got named, i named it and it worked great after that.

LightShow

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

It will only let me transfer one selected game. After that it wil just keep giving me errors.  But i delete the game that i just transferred and restart the xbox, it allows me to transfer another game.  But still only one game on the new xbox.  Any ideas?   I have been using xbftp program, but it seems to take forever.

sd5932

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »

thanks for the quick response guys. I did try the refresh and that didn't do the job i had names on both xbox's so that wasn't the problem either. I had to enable auto dectect in the network settings. I was thinking that auto dectect was for the network ip auto detect. :rolleyes:

KingDing-a-Ling

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (the_titans @ Dec 6 2004, 01:22 AM)
Finally! Xbox to Xbox transfers ... I can finally delete Avalaunch 

XBFTP has been around for a while...you didn't need a whole new DB to do that. :lol:

This post has been edited by KingDing-a-Ling: Dec 7 2004, 12:56 PM

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (KingDing-a-Ling @ Dec 7 2004, 07:27 AM)
XBFTP has been around for a while...you didn't need a whole new DB to do that. :lol:

XBFTP was terrible and the background image didn't even appear right on my old antique TV. Now that I got a new TV, I still don't bother with XBFTP. Avalaunch is what I USED, but now UnleashX added this terrific feature!  :)